LifePoint Health Medical Billing Associate in Denver, Colorado
Pacific Medical Data Solutions, a company of LifePoint Health, is a rapidly growing nationwide revenue cycle management services provider that has been offering high quality medical billing services since 2004. Headquartered in the Denver Tech Center, we offer a rewarding work environment with career advancement opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere.
We are looking for positive, energetic team members who want to grow with us as we acquire new clients! Each new client results in additional staffing needs so we are continually looking to add to our team!
We are currently searching for a Medical Billing Associate with professional billing expertise. Ideal candidates will be experienced and knowledgeable in the entire medical billing process.
The Medical Billing Associate will spend the bulk of their time making sure that the overall account is fully supported from a Full Cycle Billing perspective, and account procedures/processes are preformed and maintained. The Medical Billing Associate will report to the Operations Team Lead. Communication and facilitation of project expectations and progress between the client and PMDS is required. Software system knowledge, full cycle billing knowledge and understanding, and process development are core to the functions of this position. This position will be assisting large physician groups with professional billing processes and follow up. Good communication and teamwork with other managers and team members is also required to ensure proper expectations are met on the account.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining Revenue Cycle Services, and other departments with resolution of billing issues and/or denials requiring clinical expertise.
- Responsible for researching, working, and resolving claim denials and rejections in your assigned client.
- Assume ownership over your assigned clients for all aspects of the billing cycle, including Charges, Payments, and AR metrics and performance.
- Keep on task to meet all required deadlines and time-frames for customer and company needs.
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures for each assigned account.
- Monitors and analyzes current industry trends and issues for potential organizational impact.
- Communicate regularly with your assigned clients to alert them of trends identified and recommended resolution.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
Specific Requirements Include
- 3-5 Years Medical Accounts Receivable Experience
- ICD10 and CPT Knowledge
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Computer Skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, Medical Billing Software Systems
- High-School Graduate or Equivalent
- Knowledge of full cycle revenue model
- Thorough knowledge of ICD and CPT application, correct practices, and tools utilized within the healthcare industry, as well as audits.
- Ability interpret documents, medical records, and other documentation related to medical claims.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong technical and computer skills (PM/EHR Software, Excel, Outlook, MS Office, Web).
- Ability to identify and resolve trends within your workflow.
- Athena experience preferred.
Pay range: $18-20/hour - DOE
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Pacific Medical Data Solutions
Title: Medical Billing Associate
Requisition ID: 7410-4533