Barnes & Noble Bookseller - Part-Time in Denton, Texas
Bookseller - Part-Time
TX - Denton - Highland Village - 2271
As a Bookseller, you are responsible for selling by providing exceptional customer service through our four core service principles. You make the shopping experience interactive and engaging by enthusiastically sharing your knowledge about our products and services and meeting the needs of the customer. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
• Deliver and grow sales and other business metrics year-over-year through optimizing merchandise presentation, zone maintenance and customizing merchandise selection.
• Support the training of booksellers through observing and coaching when acting as the MOD.
• Observe, mentor and motivate booksellers ensuring they consistently engage our customers and enthusiastically model our selling behaviors, culture and other company initiatives.
• Assist with and effectively resolve employee and customer issues in partnership with the store manager.
• Ensure efficient execution of receiving and processing and shelving of daily receipts, returns, and customer orders. • Responsible for replenishment and ordering of products to capitalize on current and future sales trends
• Provide consistent communication and model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and our core values.
• Support a successful business development program through accurate and timely processing, staging and shipping of orders.
• Assist with maintaining facility conditions and take immediate action to correct and ensure the best customer experience in partnership with the store manager.
• Control shrink and expense by accurately completing and submitting all tracking and receiving paperwork, and ensuring that processes are followed.
• Strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• Work primarily on the selling floor and oversee activities in the receiving area, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing and lifting)
• Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to align with store needs
• Ability to multi-task • At least one year of management experience, preferably in retail.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.