Prestige Healthcare Waiver Care Aide in Delaware, Ohio
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!!:
At Arbors at Delaware we are looking for compassionate individuals such as you, to join the team at our 5-Star Quality Measure’s center! NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED! If you have always had a passion for caring for people and are looking for a place where you feel valued, supported and challenged, we invite you to apply.
While you are working hard to care for our residents and positively impact their quality of life, let us take care of you with competitive wages, benefit package for you and your family, paid vacation and sick time in addition to opportunities to grow your career.
Arbors at Delaware invests in our team for growth and development by offering you the opportunity to take State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA) classes at NO cost to you (including the exam fee). This two week course will help prepare you to take the test and become certified.
At Arbors at Delaware, you have the opportunity to enhance your clinical skill-set in our specialized Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care Unit, long-term care or short-term rehabilitation. Our leaders are supportive and recognize their teams with fun events, raffles and free lunch daily! We are passionate about teaching, training and promoting from within.
Thank you for considering a career with us!
We can’t wait to meet you!
As a result of an Executive Order issued during the COVID19 State of Emergency. Waiver Care Aides are necessary and intended under supervision, to assist residents with daily living activities.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Experience:
No specialized work experience necessary, must be willing to complete the online temporary nurse aide training course. Applicable experience could be; teachers, waitress, waiter, host, hostess, receptionist, secretary, concierge, greeter, front desk, cook, delivery, clerk, customer-service, sales associate, retail, sanitation, housekeeping, guest services, utility, maintenance, custodian, janitor, cafeteria worker, warehouse, automotive, factory, healthcare, medical professional, nursing home, college student, bus drivers, beautician, barber, volunteers. Essential Functions:
Answers signal lights and bells to determine resident needs.
- Assists residents with grooming, oral hygiene, bathing, hair, and incontinence care.
- Obtains food trays and assists residents with feeding.
- Assists residents with range of motion exercises, and movement to wheelchair or activity areas.
- Assists resident with turning and positioning in bed
- Assists resident with ambulation for short distance in facility.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned..
- Documentation on flow sheets as directed.
- Attends interdisciplinary meetings as needed to provide input into selected resident’s plans of care.
- Documents restorative services provided following facility policies and procedures.
- Reports to Charge Nurse or designee on progress/lack of progress in achieving restorative goals.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and facility staff.