Robert Half International Full Charge Bookkeeper in Del Mar, California
Accountemps is looking for their next Bookkeeper with HR experience. Bilingual Spanish highly preferred.
Job Duties include:
-25% HR Duties (Onboarding new employees, running background checks, helping employees with benefits)
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Liaise with assigned corporate accountant to ensure accurate and timely monthly closings and miscellaneous billing (inter-company).
• Process weekly payroll online through ADP Time & Attendance and ADP Workforce Now.
• Review new hire packet with all new staff which includes: Proper Form I-9, W-4, Personnel New Hire Record Form, Employee Handbook and Background Checking Consent Forms.
• Conduct orientations, which include having a full understanding of all corporate policies in employee handbook, and having the ability to summarize and communicate them to new staff.
• Code, obtain approvals, and enter all incoming invoices.
• Accounts Payable: prepare and run weekly accounts payable checks, set up vendors in the accounting system, calculate weekly cash requests for vendor payments, match all payables to purchase orders, and set up customers in the accounting system.
• Accounts Receivable: enter cash, deposit checks and process manual checks (petty cash checks) and monitor aging and make collection calls on an as-need basis.
• Assist employees with basic insurance claim issues.
• Monitor changes to insurance and 401(k) elections and change in payroll accordingly.
• Conduit of information between Heath, Safety, and Environment team and Workman’s Comp carriers for onsite incidents.
• Create and maintain employee files and monitor attendance record tracking system.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3 years of Accounting/Human Resources experience.
• Experience working in various payroll and accounting software programs, such as, Sage X3, ADP’s Time & Attendance/Workforce Now, Microsoft Office Suite, and Del-four.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• Extremely high organization skills and ability to multi-task/prioritize.
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to carry out procedures quickly and efficiently with minimal supervision.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Bilingual in Spanish, preferred.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Salary: $27.50 - $30.00 / Hourly
Location: Del Mar, CA
Date Posted: March 24, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00400-9502530270
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance