Walgreens Program Manager Business Transformation Office in DEERFIELD, Illinois
Provides dedicated support for transformation programs by facilitating business case and timeline development, managing progress to milestones, and refining benefits assumptions as necessary. Partners with business teams to regularly guide supporting indicators - challenging assumptions and proactively highlighting impact on customers and organization. Serves as a trusted, results-oriented, transformation subject matter expert. Responsible for programs that are cross-functional, cross-divisional, and are of significant magnitude and important to the implementation of corporate business strategies and achievement of company objectives. Program work has a significant impact on the organization. Budget responsibilities are based on program requirements.
• Supports, organizes, directs, manages and controls inter-related program activities for transformation programs with most significant scope, benefits, and impact across business units.
• Implements prioritized transformation programs, setting program management routines and bringing focus to the team on the activities preferred to deliver on planned benefits.
• Directs program activities to ensure high quality results within defined time and budget schedules. Collaborates with business stakeholders and executive team to develop the end to end approach and evaluation of transformation programs.
• Analyzes and shares program-specific insights and recommendations to achieve operational effectiveness and expected benefits capture. Assesses and measures ongoing impact and evaluates changes to key assumptions / planned impact.
• Ensures programs are completed according to time and budget schedules, and that goals conform to division overall standards and operations goals and project requirements.
• Manages prioritization of projects within the program, ensuring that each project achieves its overall benefits.
• Proactively works with program teams to identify cross-functional complexities and resolve program level risks and issues.
• Resolves high level conflicts and negotiates with stakeholders.
• Manages the identification of needed expertise and requirements based on engagement model and functional expertise. When preferred, directs the activities of project teams through leadership and collaboration with other Business Transformation Office team members. If needed, oversees the performance management of matrixed team.
• Processes and synthesizes transformation program outputs into executive-level presentations, updates, risks, mitigations, and business recommendations.
• When preferred, develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; develops and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with preferred competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive organization.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
Job ID: 642906BR
Title: Program Manager Business Transformation Office
Company Indicator: Walgreens
Job Function: Business Development/Planning
Full Store Address: 104 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL 60015
Full District Office Address: 104 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-05121-01104-2
External Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years experience in one or more of the following functions: strategy, project management or process improvement OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in one or more of the following functions: strategy, project management or process improvement.
Extensive experience applying / executing project management methodologies and practices including developing a project plan, charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, including knowledge of complex project management financials.
Project experience aligned to one or more of the following industries: Retail, Healthcare, Insurance, Pharmacy, CPG.
Experience with Portfolio Management.
Experience managing complex, cross-functional, and enterprise-wide change.
Experience presenting and reporting on program plans and cost-benefit analysis to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
Experience with MS Office Suite.
At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
At least 2 years of experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Knowledge of business practices as related to functional area (e.g., strategy, project management, lean six sigma).
Experience facilitating with strategic planning initiatives.
Experience with PPM tools.
Experience influencing others, including senior leadership.
Acquired PMP Certification or willingness to obtain certification.
Experience utilizing project management software and other standard project management scheduling tools, such as MS Project.