FirstService Residential Licensed Community Association Manager in Daytona Beach, Florida
The Latitude at Daytona Beach Community Association Manager oversees all Homeowner Association operations in collaboration with the Community General Manager and the Food & Beverage and Lifestyle Department managers. The Community Association Manager ensures the property is maintained and operated in accordance with company objectives and facilitates solutions to problems between the community and internal support staff, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies. The Community Association Manager oversees the administrative functions of the Community. Effectively manage a team of administrative, front desk, lifestyle, maintenance, compliance and fitness center personnel.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Provide oversight and direction to the Community Appearance Coordinator in scheduling landscape/irrigation lot turnovers on a weekly basis and managing subsequent warranty/work orders.
· Working closely with the Maintenance Manager and Community Appearance Coordinator to ensure daily, weekly and monthly property inspections are performed.
· Oversee the work order process, ensuring the timely completion of work and maintaining clear lines of communication with homeowners.
· Manage the violation and architectural review process.
· Ensure amenities are maintained to the highest standard and assist the Maintenance Manager in developing janitorial schedules.
· Manage vendor partners to ensure contract specifications are adhered to or exceeded, ensure vendor reports are received monthly.
· Schedule team meetings with Department Managers, the Community General Manager and the Association Board of Directors to provide timely updates on community appearance successes and opportunities for improvement.
· Prepare draft annual budget and monitor budget variances throughout the fiscal year.
· Assist in preparing monthly deficit funding statements.
· Work closely with the General Ledger Manager and on-site accounting support assistant to ensure accurate coding of invoices, prompt presentation of financial statements and ensure prompt payment of vendor invoices.
· Manage accounts receivable collections in line with the Board approved collection policy.
· Work with the Community CPA to answer audit queries, ensure timely delivery of annual financial statements and federal tax returns.
· Upon inspection of homeowner architectural improvements, process the return of deposits held.
· Ensure P-Cards receipts and reconciliations are performed weekly.
· Prepare weekly and monthly management reports in a timely manner. Complete and review community checklist with Regional Director monthly.
· Exceed expectations in responding to resident communications and ensure responses comply with Latitude Margaretville brand requirements.
· Manage and maintain community databases; work orders, task lists, rental lists, homeowner information, pets, assets, architectural improvements, violations, communication logs etc.
· Ensure compliance with statutory renewals; uniform business reports, pool permits etc.
· Prepare meeting notices and draft meeting minutes in compliance with state statutes.
· Manage contract renewals and RFP process.
· Facilitate FirstCall.
· Perform annual performance evaluations for direct reports and ensure direct report managers complete their team evaluations.
· Conduct monthly safety meetings with team.
· Attend mandatory FirstService Residential compliance courses and utilize other FirstService Residential University courses.
· Perform Coaching & Counselling sessions and maintain records of same, create performance Improvement plans when necessary.
· Prepare job descriptions in line with company standards and community brand, create job opening requisitions in HR management portal, shortlist/interview candidates and make recommendations for hire.
· Review payroll reports at the end of each pay period, manager requests for time off and process payroll adjustments.
· Ensure company handbook policies are adhered to and all new hire associates receive brand immersion training.
Perform other tasks as may be assigned by Regional Director or Community General Manager.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university preferred, and three years of experience in Property Operations, Hospitality or Construction; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be certified and licensed by the State of Florida for Community Association Management (CAM).
· Knowledge and ability to apply Florida Statutes and Community’s documents.
· Knowledge of assets, cash balance, and availability of funds for projects and cash flow management for capital improvements
· Working knowledge of landscape and irrigation concepts.
- Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
· Critical thinking, complex problem solving, and judgment and decision making ability.
· Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
· Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
· Demonstrated experience managing large, complex accounts or projects. Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
· Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently. Must be self-driven with the ability to identify, plan and prioritize business opportunities.
· Knowledge of mechanical operations of a building and equipment preferred.
· Ability to respond to emergency situations within established timeframe
· Ability to adjust to changing circumstances.
· Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Proficiency researching the Internet. Previous experience with financial and accounting programs preferred.
· Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs
· Standing, sitting, walking and occasional climbing
· Required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time
· Talking on the phone for extended periods of time
· Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms
· Ability to work extended/flexible hours, weekend, and attend events as required
· Ability to work outside for long periods of time
· Have fun!!! FINS UP!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled