Penhall Company Help Desk/ IT Coordinator in Dallas, Texas
The Desktop Engineer’s role is to provide desktop support for core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all desktop software and associated operating systems. The Desktop Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve desktop issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments across the business enterprise.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with support teams to ensure smooth and reliable operation of desktop software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work to identify and resolve desktop issues. Desktop application issues to include but not limited to: Microsoft Windows, Office 365, Phone & Mobile Devices, Printers and Auxiliary tools such as scanners & PDF.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy new desktop applications and upgrades to support existing applications, software and operating systems.
- Conduct research on desktop software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to understand desktop-related products and services.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing desktop systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems in accordance with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Evaluate, propose and support desktop models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to in-house and 3rd party system programmers and development teams
- Design and perform regularly scheduled desktop audits and upgrades.
- Develop recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate desktops, including e-mail, print and backups and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure connectivity of all desktops via Direct Connect, Wireless Access Points and VPN functionality.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to desktop configurations, mapping, processes and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of desktop systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new desktop systems.
- Monitor and test desktop performance; prepare and deliver desktop performance statistics and reports for all company locations.
- Provide orientation and training as needed to end-users for desktop activities.
- Provide guidance and assign tasks to Service Desk Technicians and 3rd party consultants/vendors.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development and implementation of desktop systems.
- Excellent experience in Windows and Apple OS
- Ability to support a company with various sized satellite offices across the country and in Canada spanning multiple time zones.
- Proven experience with desktop troubleshooting, planning, security principles and general desktop management best practices.
- Strong understanding of applicable virus, malware, phishing troubleshooting/recovery methodologies.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into desktop issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- The Desktop Engineer will have a Computer Science or Engineering bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Desktop Engineering experience, or a Technical Certificate with 7+ years of related experience.
- Windows and Apple OS
- Expertise with AD/GPO/Domain
- Office 365
- Familiarity with Cloud Based technologies
- NetApp / SAN Storage Experience
- MCSE completed or in progress
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Dallas, TX
Job Type: Information Technology
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 16/2/2021