Robert Half International Controller in Dallas, Texas
Robert Half Finance and Accounting has teamed up with a $5 billion + private equity investment firm to assist in the recruitment of a Fund Controller for a group of real estate / private equity funds. The position requires a CPA with heavy exposure to investment accounting. Pay is market plus an aggressive bonus.
To apply for this opportunity, please message Chris Willhite, CPA on LinkedIn and you can email Chris directly at Chris dot Willhite at Robert Half.
This position has the overall responsibility for the accounting and reporting of financial information for multiple opportunity funds. The Controller ensures financial data is accurate according to the equity or dividend method of accounting, and ensures that reporting deadlines are met. The Controller provides overall guidance to a group of 15+ professionals as needed. The ability to interpret legal documentation and other source documents with a US GAAP application for investment companies is critical. This individual must be able to work well within a cross-cultural team environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of the accounting and internal reporting on the Funds
• Review of financials, including footnotes, for accuracy and completeness
• Meeting all internal and external reporting deadlines, including audit, tax, and third party
• Supervision of employees through the manager level to ensure quality and productivity within the department
• Management of technical research and application of US GAAP measures to accounting issues pertaining to investment companies
• Assist in resolution of complex accounting issues occurring in the investments and at the Fund
• Automation and documentation of processes as needed within the department
• Professionally interacting with management and other departments in both the US and foreign offices
• Managing a group of 15+ professionals, staff development, including performance management and training
• Work with forecasting department to analyze reasonableness of fair market value calculations on the investments within the Fund
• Oversee the annual audit of the Fund
• Minimum Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Graduate Degree preferred
• Licensed CPA
• Strong technical experience related to investment accounting. Strong knowledge of partnership and investment company accounting e.g. equity and dividend methods with demonstrated ability to resolve complex accounting issues
• 8-10+ years professional work experience, prefer Big 4 public accounting combined with partnership accounting,
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Child Care Subsidy, Athletic Membership, plus others
Requirements - Strong attention to detail
Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
Strong communication skills and able to receive criticism well
Critical thinking skills and the ability to retain complex work directions
7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.