L&A Care Corporation Team Leader in Culver City, California
Roze Room organizations have been recognized among the Best Places to Work:
in Los Angeles in 2014, 2015, 2016.:
RN TEAM LEADER IN OUR CULVER CITY OFFICE LOCATION:
MUST BE AN RN TO APPLY, Hospice/Home Health management experience preferred:
The Team Leader fills a management position with both clinical and management responsibility for his/her team; serves as liaison to and conduit between the Director of Patient Care Services, clinical staff on his/her respective team, patients and their families, and the community. Participates in the implementation of clinical policies and procedures; and carries out the organization’s purposes in a manner consistent with the goals, objectives, and established policies. Participates in the implementation of the overall Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Programs; participates in the hiring, orientation, on-going training, retention and supervision of appropriate and qualified clinical staff.
- One of the following: current California Registered Nursing license or a Masters Degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work.
- If registered nurse, current RN license within the State and BSN preferred.
- Minimum of one-year experience in health care management.
- Demonstrated skill in administrative performance including expertise in oral and written communication, staff supervision, managing documentation and service coordination. Ability to provide leadership to professional personnel. Thorough knowledge and understanding of hospice care, treatment and services. Possesses a sympathetic attitude toward caring for the hospice patient and demonstrates positive communication skills in interacting with other members of the hospice team.
Valid driver’s license and auto insurance. GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reads, interprets and enforces hospice policies and procedures.
- Enforces compliance with local, State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Serves as a resource and support system to staff in problem solving and determine appropriate interventions.
- Investigates problems and takes corrective action.
- Demonstrates positive leadership skill through effective communication and personnel selection, development and motivation.
- In collaboration with the Director of Patient Care Services, determines the hiring, retention, discipline, counseling or termination of the hospice’s team employees. Interviews, hires, orients, and supervises assigned team members. Participates in the orientation of new employees.
- Conducts competency and when appropriate skill evaluations, 90 day and annual review of all team members.
- Provides and maintains a safe working environment.
- Assist the Director of Patient Care Services in program planning and development.
- Gathers and maintains data and statistics as instructed by the Director of Patient Care Services and reports as directed.
- Assists team personnel in maximizing the use of their patient care skills
- Assures that requirements and standards are maintained by all team members including productivity standards.
- Ensures continuity of care for those patients on his/her team.
- Serves as a role model and sets an example for nursing staff and other members of the healthcare team.
- Adheres to budget requirements regarding labor, pharmacy, DME, and medical supply costs.