Sutter Health Certified Nursing Assistant - Med/Surg Unit in Crescent City, California
As a member of the health care team, under the direction of a licensed nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant participates in the patient/family care and experience through teamwork, effective communication, and basic care skills. Patients may range in age from newborn to geriatric/elderly, with the primary patient population being adult to geriatric.
Performs daily patient health checks, which includes taking patient vitals, reports and notes any change in patient’s condition. Performs daily patient care duties such as: providing daily supplies and assistance for general patient hygiene, providing patient oral care, dressing and grooming patients. Provides skin care to patients confined in beds for extended periods. Maintains neat, clean, safe environment within patient’s room, changes bed linens, and empties bed pans. Assists in monitoring/assuring appropriate bowel care. Performs urine spec, rectal check and enemas. Promptly answers patient call lights. Provides emotional care and support to patient. Assist patients with walking and getting in and out of bed. Transports/assists patient to activities, as needed. Reads 24-hour patient condition reports. Monitors patient to ensure they are receiving proper diet. Serves and feeds patients, as needed. Orients new employees to location of supplies and communicates general routine. Adheres to all appropriate policies/procedures.
A high school education or combination of education and experience is required for this role.
Certified Nursing Assistant licensure in California required
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of effective English written and communication skills and basic computer proficiency skills.
• Current nurses assistant experience, or currently enrolled in and accredited LVN or RN school program, or successful completion of a nurse’s assistant training program.
• Under the direction of RN.LVN, manages multiple demands in an ever-changing environment.
• Six months acute care experience preferred.
• Basic knowledge of (ADL’s) activities of daily living for adult and elderly patients.
• Basic knowledge of developmental stays from newborn through elderly adult.
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to work well with a variety of people.
• Ability to communicate effectively with patients, family members, visitors, and other staff.
• Ability to problem solve and apply good judgment.
• Ability to record messages and maintain records efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to hold hands steady during procedures.
• Ability to assist with possible disoriented/combative patients.
• Ability to be aware of surroundings and respond two emergency and/or urgent situations
• Ability to work in a highly emotional and physically demanding environment
Organization: Sutter Coast Hospital, Crescent City, CA
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8-12 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: per diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.