Lockheed Martin Quality Engineer in Courtland, Alabama
Description: Lockheed Martin Space is hiring! Take your career to the next level and come work for us in Courtland AL.
We are motivated by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward thinking, everything is within our reach –and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee.
This position directly supports the production of an exciting new era Hypersonic Weapon System.
As a Production Quality Engineer, you will be a vital part of the manufacturing team that build the Hypersonic Weapon and your responsibilities will include:
•Reviewing Engineering drawings and manufacturing work instructions
•Ensuring product compliance through accurate flow down of Program/Customer requirements and physical configuration audits
•Ensuring non-conformance's are accurately controlled, documented and dispositioned
•Trending Quality metrics and performing/leading root cause analysis and corrective action
•Helping resolve technical issues and communicating them back to the program and or Customer
•Helping dive process improvements and cost savings utilizing a continuous improvement mentality
We are seeking an energized individual who is passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow. Will you join us in the journey?
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
To be successful in this role you will need to possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
- Experience working in a Aerospace/Defense or related Manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing/quality processes and documentation
- Ability to comprehend and interpret drawings,
work instructions, schematics, and specifications.
- Problem solving experience
- Effective communication skills
- Able to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Must be a US citizen
- CQE (certified quality engineer)
-Lean Manufacturing experience (Green Belt/Black Belt Certification)
- Previous experience as an Material Review Board team member (MRB)
- Missile Assembly and Integration experience
- Program start up/development experience
- Experience working within a AS9100 certified quality system
- Experience running/managing projects that require cross functional support
- Audit experience
- Currently or has in the past possessed a Security Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.