Lockheed Martin Inspector Specialist/Missile Assembly in Courtland, Alabama
Description: Performs a variety of inspection tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive inspection operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies to include modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables. Inspection activities may be performed using predetermined methods, operations, setups, and prescribed specifications/Manufacturing Process Plans (MPP) or using diagrams and drawings. Inspectors role is to confirm product goodness. Where anomalies are identified, they will document defects and coordinate with program Quality Engineer. In addition, they may monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
• Prior inspection experience
• Strong attention to details; must be detail-oriented; accuracy of work is essential.
• Demonstrated inspection ability with mechanical and/or electromechanical assemblies
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and support business needs.
• Proficient written, oral, and presentation/communication skills.
• Ability to quickly learn multi-inspection/verification methods and requirements.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Ability to shift job assignments to ensure schedule demands are met.
• Demonstrated exceptional teaming skills and ability to get along with others in creating a positive work environment
• Demonstrated ability to lift up to 40 pounds required.
• Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
• High School Diploma or GED required
• AS9100 quality systems experience
• J-STD-001 inspection experience
• Experience inspecting Thermal Protection System (TPS) coatings.
• Experience working around and within ordinance environment
• Experience working around and with sensitive ESD components
• Possess a current active secret security clearance or higher.
• Proficient in SAP and Windows.
• Understanding of production machinery, process flow and cure times of epoxy resins/paint
• Technical AS Degree
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.