UPMC Staff RN Opportunities - UPMC Cole in Coudersport, Pennsylvania
UPMC Cole is seeking Registered Nurses in various departments across the hospital. If you are seeking an exciting position that offers excellent benefits as well as career growth, apply today!
UPMC Cole is a modern and progressive critical access hospital located in Coudersport, PA. We currently have openings and different shifts available in the following departments:
Med Surg Units
Intensive Care Unit
Full-time roles will typically require a commitment to work every other weekend and will need to provide off-shift coverage as needed. Once you apply to this role, a team member will reach out to you to schedule an interview and discuss your interests!
• Maintains the standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the Hospital and Nursing Department, including its philosophy, mission and values.
• Assesses the patient's condition and nursing needs, determines outcomes and prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet those outcomes and the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative needs of the patient including discharge planning. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to meet the outcome needs of the individual patient.
• Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding patient to the appropriate person (i.e., physicians, director, nurse manager, charge nurse and/or nursing supervisor) and records those observations accurately and concisely.
• Assigns nursing care to team members in accordance with patient needs and the personnel's capabilities and qualifications and assigns other duties as needed.
• Administers medications to and performs treatments on assigned patients.
• Directs, supervises and evaluates nursing care provided to patients.
• Assists physicians with special tests and procedures, such as thoracentesis, lumbar tap, etc.
• Participates in the economical utilization of supplies and ensures that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
• Participates in the orientation of new personnel and performance evaluations of the nursing staff.
• Assists team members in giving care to patients or administers direct care when professional nursing skills and judgement are needed.
• Coordinates nursing care of patients when scheduled for therapy or procedures by other departments.
• Establishes and maintains communications and utilizes teaching opportunities with patients and other significant individuals.
• Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients, such as cardiac arrest.
• Participates actively in committees for the improvement of nursing care.
• Possesses skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of the patients served.
• Involved in surveillance and ensuring the patient safety culture at Charles Cole Memorial Hospital. Reports patient safety concerns and events.
• Exhibits accountability and contributes to patient safety.
• Assesses and monitors patient’s level and response to pain.
• Educates patients in pain management and its impact on patient outcome.
• A Registered Nurse who has taken a basic arrhythmia class and completed the competency will be expected to do telemetry monitoring in the ICU, if floated there.
• Performs telemetry monitoring, as required.
• Hourly rounding on patients assigned.
• Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
PA RN nursing license required
BSN Preferred, not required.
Basic Life Support OR Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
Act 33 with renewal
Act 34 with renewal
Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal