Robert Half International HR Generalist in CORVALLIS, Oregon
Summary: The Senior Human Resources Generalist will partner with the HR team and leadership to support organizational development and effectiveness, employee relations development, and
communication initiatives that align with the organization's mission, vision, strategic plan. The Senior HR Generalist will facilitate the delivery of HR programs and services to support the business objectives in partnership with the HR team, management, and staff; and have significant involvement with all aspects of human resources.
Will participate and maintain a culture within the organization consistent with the content outlined in the Service and Behavioral Standards Handbook. To this end, employee will be expected to read, have familiarity, and embrace the principles contained within.
Partner with employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
Conduct job analyses to ensure scope of work and compensation is up-to-date and accurate.
Offer recommendations for policy and handbook revisions.
Provide interpretation and explanation of current company policies, and procedures. Escalate complex and potentially risky issues appropriately.
Conduct investigations timely maintaining confidentiality and professionalism. Communicate appropriately to all involved parties. Provide detailed, thorough documentation.
Identify and facilitate organizational development opportunities for leaders and employees, and specific teams or work groups.
Contribute innovative solutions to engage employees, improve the HR function, and overall service to the organization.
Partner with leadership on talent reviews, performance management, succession planning, talent development, mentorship programs, and other strategic business objectives of the organization. Mentor and guide leadership to identify specific action to address employee issues.
Monitor trends and patterns through organizational data and metrics. Identify root cause issues and offer recommendations to effectively drive organizational improvement.
Compile data and prepare reports for monthly review and annual compliance deadlines.
Is a Subject Matter Expert in a minimum of one HR function. May lead and manage HR-related projects and deliver presentations.
Cross-train and work collaboratively with HR team. Serve as backup for benefits, leave management, recruitment, etc.
Participate in various committees as directed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Human Resources (HR) Administration, HRIS - Human Resources Info Systems, Talent Acquisition, Microsoft
• Requires extensive knowledge and background in talent development, talent acquisition, retention/engagement, and coaching.
• Knowledge of State and Federal Employment and Labor Laws.
• Skilled in leading a best-in-class HR organization and practices; effectively handling multiple conflicting assignments, demands, and priorities with great attention to detail; Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are essential.
• Demonstrates conflict management skills tactfully navigating and advocating while building trust and bringing clarity to conversations.
• Possesses strong business acumen, knows how the businesses works and is knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the organization.
• Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive and influential; inspirational; able to make rational decisions in complex and ambiguous situations; highly visible; self-confident and humble; systems-thinker; innovative; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience; strong listener; values multiple disciplines and diversity; and passionate about continuously improving.
• Prior experience working with data bases and HR/Payroll software including HRIS, ATS, excel, etc.
• Computer savvy, specifically Microsoft Office.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.