Actalent Lighting Designer in Commerce, California
• Assist in both new product designs and improvements of existing ones.
• Work with Lighting Manufacturers to develop and sustain supply chain.
• Perform lighting calculations to confirm requirements/specifications are met for products.
• Create technical and illustrative assets for products (such as product data sheets, installation guides, etc.)
• Model and render environments/spaces with integrated lighted ceilings.
• Create and release prototype designs to manufacturing for testing.
• Hand sample prototypes to gain first-hand perspective for further refinement and improvement.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• BS in industrial/engineering design or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of lighting design experience.
• Strong skills in Solidworks.
• Familiarity with Revit
• Familiarity in at least 2 of the following (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, 3ds Max, AutoCAD).
• Experience in sheet metal design.
• Knowledge of Circadian Lighting a plus.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.