Molina Healthcare Sr Specialist, Quality Intervention - Health Equity in Columbus, Ohio
Molina's Quality Improvement function oversees, plans, and implements new and existing healthcare quality improvement initiatives and education programs; ensures maintenance of programs for members in accordance with prescribed quality standards; conducts data collection, reporting and monitoring for key performance measurement activities; and provides direction and implementation of NCQA accreditation surveys and federal/state QI compliance activities.
The Senior Specialist, Quality Intervention – Health Equity contributes to one or more of these quality improvement functions: Quality Interventions and Quality Improvement Compliance.
• Acts as a lead specialist to provide project-, program-, and / or initiative-related direction and guidance for other specialists within the department and/or collaboratively with other departments.
• Implements key quality strategies, which may include initiation and management of provider, member and/or community interventions (e.g., removing barriers to care); preparation for Quality Improvement Compliance surveys; and other federal and state required quality activities.
• Monitors and ensures that key quality activities are completed on time and accurately in order to present results to key departmental management and other Molina departments as needed.
• Writes narrative reports to interpret regulatory specifications, explain programs and results of programs, and document findings and limitations of department interventions.
• Creates, manages, and/or compiles the required documentation to maintain critical quality improvement functions.
• Leads quality improvement activities, meetings and discussions with and between other departments within the organization.
• Researches and investigates opportunities for improvement for targeted populations
• Identifies and constructs quality interventions with the incorporation of population health strategies and sensitivity to healthcare equity
• Develops narrative reports to interpret research findings and leverages those in improvement strategy and the creation of interventions
• Evaluates project/program activities and results to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Surfaces to Manager and Director any gaps in processes that may require remediation.
• Other tasks, duties, projects and programs as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Min. 3 years experience in healthcare with minimum 2 years experience in health plan quality improvement, managed care or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated solid business writing experience.
• Operational knowledge and experience with Excel and Visio (flow chart equivalent).
Required License, Certification, Association
Preferred field: Clinical Quality, Public Health or Healthcare.
1 year of experience in Medicare and in Medicaid.
Experience with data reporting, analysis and/or interpretation.
Preferred License, Certification, Association
• Certified Professional in Health Quality (CPHQ)
• Nursing License (RN may be preferred for specific roles)
• Certified HEDIS Compliance Auditor (CHCA)
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.