NRP Investments, LLC Lease Up Occupancy Specialist in Columbus, Ohio
NRP Investments, LLC, founded in 1994, is a full-service developer, general contractor, and property manager of multifamily, senior, and student housing throughout the United States. From start to finish, every development NRP Group works on is carefully contemplated and executed to maximize investment return cost efficiency, productivity and satisfaction. NRP Investments, LLC is recognized as a three-time recipient of the National Association of Builders Multifamily Development Firm of the Year and has been consistently ranked one of the Top 25 Developers by Multifamily Executive. Currently, NRP Investments, LLC has assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts. Visit www.NRPGroup.com for more information.
The NRP Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Under the direction of the Lease Up Occupancy Manager, the Lease Up Occupancy Specialist is responsible for the management/efficiency/organization of all processes associated with the occupancy close out of Lease Ups (LIHTC), including third party lease ups. This position is designed to oversee, monitor and direct on site leasing team, provide detailed feedback & suggestions to supervisor (LUOM), as it pertains to weekly activity.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
To bring structure and efficiency to LIHTC lease ups, through strong collaboration and communication.
Personal responsibility to become fluent in understanding: qualification requirements for each lease up (applicant RSP)- specific state file/compliance requirements, proformas, lease up goals, site team and plan of action- through lease up completion
• Oversee the compliance file process
a. Timely submission and communication to both compliance & the customer
b. Bridging the gap between compliance and the site team
c. Report any training/performance needs to supervisor
• Work with the LUOM to develop and manage the completion of checklists for lease up communities (LIHTC) for the following:
a. Office needs/supplies 120+ days from starting to take applications
b. Outreach strategy & expectation
c. Gain access to all lead 2 lease sites, for weekly follow up/traffic reporting review
d. Compliance file checklist
• Facilitate completion of checklists by determining at his/her discretion the priority and which support services to utilize to achieve desired outcomes.
• Read and react to the various roadblocks that are presented, such as construction delays, proforma rents in a stringent market, short staffing & other operational struggles that could risk timely qualification; working alongside the LUOM & site team.
a. Weekly progress and game plan meetings with CM/lease up staff
b. Stabilized/consistent reporting/temperature gauge
c. Box Score (weekly)
d. Traffic Sheet (weekly)
e. Lease/Occupancy trend (weekly)
f. Review and investigate where qualified applicants/prospects are coming in from (where they currently live/work)
• Investigate & reach out to local housing authorities to gain knowledge of process, when in a new market.
• Create operational stability for all lease up communities for the LUOM/RPM.
• Travel to each new community location and evaluate the market, no less than six months from first unit delivery.
a. Visit all competitive properties, after reviewing the market study provided by development.
• Serve as subject matter expert for all NRP Property Management policies and procedures.
a. Fluency with NRP Corporate Support Departments
• Provide weekly reporting updates to the LUOM
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in property management with recent experience as a community manager of a lease up property.
Technical Skills: Strong computer skills, especially in the Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of YARDI software
Driver’s License Required: Yes
Other Requirements: No