The Hughston Clinic Medical Secretary Full Time in Columbus, Georgia
Position Goal: Support the sponsoring physician through various administrative functions to ensure that patients are serviced in the most professional and timely manner possible.
- Answer phone, record messages, deliver messages to physician and medical assistant. Must handle phone calls accordingly…attorney calls, workers comp calls etc.
- Review charts for accuracy.
- Copy and send out dictation to PCP’s and referring physicians, Tricare, W/Comp adjusters etc and check for missing dictation.
- Schedule and maintain spreadsheet and/or prepare invoicing of depositions, and narratives.
- Maintain current record on license renewals, memberships, CME credits, update CV, hospital privileges, etc.
- Download all digital files to Transcriptionist on a daily basis.
- File and track OP Notes, surgery pictures, lab data, x-ray and test results.
- Schedule physician’s meetings, appointments and make necessary travel arrangements.
- Ensure all dictation, lab, and x-ray and test results have been reviewed/signed off by physician.
- Transcribe physician dictation and urgent tapes as needed.
- Serve as Physician’s representative to the public.
- Be sensitive to and anticipate the scheduling needs of the physician.
- Schedule surgeries and diagnostic tests, Schedule follow up appointments as needed
- Ensure patients have the necessary surgery/test appointment information to include location, date, and time
- Collaborate with the necessary departments when an urgent request arises, to include assisting with pre-certification
- Route charts and films for tests and surgeries per the physician’s protocol
- Post all procedure charges (blue sheets), attach appropriate document, and send to Athena. Clear surgery charts, work hold buckets in workflow dashboard in Athena.
- Perform back up medical assistant duties as assigned. Experience: : Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or one year relevant experience required. Two years preferred. Typing ability of 60 WPM. Familiarity with dictation recorder. Computer experience required. Working knowledge of medical terminology/spelling. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required Special Qualifications:Must be able to work independently and have working knowledge of HIPAA requirements. Maintains BLS certification. Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Title: Medical Secretary Full Time
Department: Medical Secretary
Location: Columbus, GA