BrightStar Care Director of Nursing in Columbia, South Carolina
DIRECTOR OF NURSING
Are you looking for a complete change of pace from traditional home health or facility care? Do you want a home care career where you can make a difference in your patients and employees lives? Do you want to fulfill an essential role in a home care agency that genuinely cares about you? If so, being the Director of Nursing at BrightStar Care of Columbia is for you. Apply to become our Director of Nursing and see how BrightStar Care upholds “A Higher Standard”.
What We Offer:
At BrightStar Care we value each of our employees and care about their wellbeing. We strive to provide best-in-class benefits packages, including:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time-Off Plans
- Free Training
- Limited/Discounted OR Free Legal Services
- Limited/Discounted OR Free Financial Advice Services
- Performance bonus
- Employee referral bonus
- Enterprise Champion for Quality 8 YEARS RUNNING!
- Weekly pay w/ direct deposit
- We promote from within
- Free continuing education
- HomeCare Pulse Employer of Choice
- Over 95% of BrightStar locations are Joint Commission accredited or in process!
- Insurance: * Dental
- Critical Illness
- Short-Term Disability
- Whole Life
- Provides care as defined within the scope of the state’s nurse practice act.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the client’s nursing needs.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes and summaries of care.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops, recommends, and administers agency policies and procedures.
- Supervises, educates and coaches other nursing personnel/care-giving staff.
- Plans and implements in-service and training programs.
- Oversees the maintenance of client clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home health care. Shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
Promotes home health referrals in the health care community. Requirements
Current unrestricted RN license in state for which care is being provided
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Must have graduated from a National League of Nursing accredited program
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of clinical experience with one (1) year experience in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, preferred.
- Clean background and criminal record
- Understands regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations
- Adhere to HIPAA and maintain client confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff.
- Possess exceptional nursing assessment skills
- Comply with accepted professional standards of practice.
- Proven ability to build quality and implement improvements within the operation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytic/Critical thinker.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal tactfully with clients, staff and community.
- Treat clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image.
- Infusion experience is a plus
- Case management skills are a plus
- Policy development is a plus
Ability to travel on a daily basis including weekends, nights and holidays We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.