Performance Food Group Order Selector in Coal Township, Pennsylvania
Performance Foodservice Eastern PA (0551)
An Order Selector will select cases and other containers of food and non-foods products to fill customer orders from multi-level rack warehouse storage systems. Items are placed on pallets and completed orders are moved to the loading dock staging area with an electric pallet jack / forklift, wrapped, labeled and readied for shipment in a timely manner observing all safety regulations and ensuring all quality standards are met while maintaining the efficient flow of product through the production process. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duties assigned to best serve the company.
Starting Pay rate is $17 per hour!! Night shift position (Sunday through Thursday nights starting at 6 pm)
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
Follow all preferred work methods, safety policies and procedures per company guidelines. Ensure work area is safe and report any unsafe conditions and/or acts immediately.
Review work schedule and obtain supplies required to perform the work and prepare for operations. Perform a safety check on pallet jack / forklift to be used and ensure that all other safety devices are functioning properly. Put on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear.
Meet required productivity and accuracy standards per location and company guidelines.
Place pallets on pallet jack and operate along assigned multi-level racks and locate products according to order sheets.
Manually place the appropriate stock items on pallet from pick slots and racks as required. Use single and/or double pallets as directed.
Transport completed palletized customer order to shipping dock staging area. May be required to shrink-wrap pallet for staging.
Remove batteries requiring recharging, replace with charged batteries, or attach re-charger and complete vehicle inspection checklist. At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Performance Foodservice Benefits Include:
Medical, Dental, and Vision after 30 days
Company Matched 401k
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous Paid Time Off
Unlimited Growth Opportunities and More!
Click Here for a Job Preview
Address Line 1:
100 Industrial Park Road
Coal Township, Pennsylvania (PA)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy (http://pfgc.com/Policy) ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster (http://pfgc.com/Poster) and supplement (http://pfgc.com/Supplement) ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement (http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency) .
• 6 months experience in a highly physical, labor intensive position (ie. construction, distribution warehouse, equipment/machine operator, farmhand, freight handler or other positions which require continuous activity and heavy lifting and/or which deals with multi-temperatures)
• Must have the ability to work in varying temperature zones, from freezer temperatures to non-air conditioned temperatures in the summer
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively and up to 80 pounds occasionally
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Must have the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment including the use and types of materials/tools, method and work instructions
• Must be a team player, including the ability to communicate well with others
• Must be able to work independently with little supervision
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to produce quality work
• Must have a strong service orientation
• Must have basic math skills
• Must have basic reading skills
• Must be able to work a full-time schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays and overtime as required
• Must be 18 years of age
• Must pass a post offer drug test and background check
High School Diploma/GED or State Approved Equivalent.
6-12 months warehouse and/or distribution work experience.
Foodservice distribution or related industry experience.
Experience using a motorized pallet jack.
Motorized pallet jack certified.
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
Click Here for Benefits Information (https://pfgc.com/Careers.aspx#benefits)