Fortive Corporation Test Engineer in Cleveland, Ohio
Purpose: Responsible for performing duties to create automated manufacturing test process that will evaluate products to their specifications and intended functionality. This includes board level test and final instrument calibration.
The following section identifies key attributes, skills and duties related to the position.
Skills and Applied Knowledge
• Create automated test programs mainly in NI LabVIEW and TestStand, with occasional use of VB.NET, C++, C, and Lua
• Complete measurement uncertainty analysis in conformance to the U.S Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement (GUM).
• Solve moderate problems in creative and practical ways, including through the use of statistical analysis tools and techniques.
• Maintain current knowledge of appropriate tools, techniques, and competitive products through literature and other means.
• Build technical depth through the balance of theory and practical application.
• Perform moderate test engineering assignments and activities with the ability to demonstrate initiative to improve methods.
• Work as the lead test engineer responsible for the success of the overall test engineering activities.
• Provide technical supervision and direction to lower level engineers and technicians.
• Work with Manager to understand key corporate initiatives and how to implement process improvements.
• Contribute as a technical leader in specific areas based on existing or acquired skills
Planning and Organizing
• Develop test engineering tasks from strategies, plans and requirements based off of key marketing and engineering information.
• Participate in project planning to set specifications, project goals, milestones and deliverables.
• Develop project schedules and is responsible for meeting the established timelines
• Maintain a flow of information to the group and project manager.
• Four year degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent.
When you join Keithley (a Tektronix company) and Fortive, you will work in an extraordinary team, learning with and from great people, where diversity and inclusion is celebrated. You will have the opportunity to do work that makes a difference in the world. You will be trusted and empowered to contribute in meaningful ways with visibility and accountability. We are obsessed with our customers and have a commitment to transparency, unending learning and growth to accelerate progress and innovation. Join us for the excitement of a startup with a history of success! For You. For Us. For Growth.
Due to US Department of Commerce export control regulations governing technical data of Tektronix products, Tektronix needs to know the citizenship of all its employees. Note that US Citizenship is not required for most positions. Hired candidates will be asked to bring proof of citizenship (passport, birth certificate, green card, visa or similar) on their first day of work.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and if applicable a motor vehicle record search and/or financial record check.
Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunities.
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
Keithley Instruments, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures and markets complex electronic instruments and systems geared to the specialized needs of electronics manufacturers for high-performance production testing, process monitoring, product development and research. The Company has approximately 500 products used to source, measure, connect, control or communicate direct current (DC) or pulsed electrical signals. Product offerings include integrated systems solutions, along with instruments and personal computer (PC) plug-in boards that can be used as system components or stand-alone solutions. The Company's customers are engineers, technicians and scientists in manufacturing, product development and research functions.
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation."