Robert Half International Tax Manager - Trust in CHICAGO, Illinois
To apply for this Tax Manager, Trust role, email your resume to John Sadofsky (firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line, type "Tax Manager, Trust role"
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Assigned to a slate of approximately 40 to 50 trusts and /or entities; responsible for all aspects of such trusts’ / entities’ accounting, tax, legal and financial management and analysis functions.
• Manage and review the accounting for assigned trusts / entities including the review of journal entries for investment activity, cash disbursements, and cash receipts and general ledger reconciliations.
• Oversee, manage and review tax projections, tax return electronic workpapers and tax returns for assigned trusts
• Coordinate, manage, and review quarterly and annual Financial Statements, statements of Trust Income and other custom calculations.
• Manage outstanding tax issues, such as responding to notices and communicating with tax authorities.
• Interpret governing documents (e.g. trust agreements and operating agreements) and apply the provisions of the governing documents to the management and accounting for the trusts and entities.
• 5 – 8 years of trust and / or tax experience in a public accounting firm, a bank trust department and/or a family office with an emphasis on tax / accounting for trusts or individuals.
• Strong technical skills with an emphasis in trust and / or individual taxation for high net worth families and knowledge of investment partnership tax concepts and related Schedule K1 reporting and footnotes. Knowledge of foreign reporting concepts, a plus.
• Relevant undergraduate degree required.
• CPA preferred.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with CCH ProSystem Fx and electronic work paper software, a plus.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.