Robert Half International Financial Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
I have a client in the Loop who is seeking to go temporary to full-time for a Financial Analyst to join the growing finance department.
Please see details regarding the position below.
• Provide support to wholesale and retail distribution centers by providing Key Process Measures (KPM) and business analytics used by Operations management to take actions directed at business improvements. Prepare and facilitate weekly and monthly management meetings designed to review KPM’s and establish follow-up action plans to improve financial performance. Work to increase speed and efficiency of reporting and improved levels of drill down and analysis of information.
• Actively participate in cross-functional process improvement teams working to improve key performance measures including quality, performance, operating expenses, returns & replacement part costs, kit receiving and yard driver metrics, and expense reductions, profitability improvements, storage capacity improvements including square footage storage requirements, forecasting growth and the changes to storage needs and utilization of the space.
• Ensure accountability for key business processes including returns, expenses, and supervisor and employee performance by monitoring reporting information and following up with Regional Directors and VP’s to ensure actions are being taken to facilitate improvements.
• Assist with compliance and reporting requirements including month-end closing (i.e., after hours Saturday close of business), audit requests, budget and forecast support, incentive calculations, validation of information such as expenses, returns, RADAR information, 3rd party communications and assists with physical inventories and special requests for information as needed.
• Present financial outcomes and action plans to business leaders, vice presidents and other members of the Finance department.
Education and Experience
Required Education - Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience
Required Experience - 1-3 years of experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of retail costing and inventory control systems
• Knowledge of operational accounting performance measures
• Knowledge of retail accounting systems
• Knowledge of budget planning and financial forecasting
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Work independently as well as in a team environment
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
• Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel; internet
• Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
• Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Salary: $19.00 - $25.00 / Hourly
Location: Chicago, IL
Date Posted: March 25, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 01302-9502531288
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance