Humana Data Visualization Analyst 2 - Project Manager in Chicago, Illinois
The Data Visualization Analyst 2 builds user interfaces, visualizations, and data algorithms, working with Humana’s member contact centers. Takes complex data and makes it more accessible, understandable and usable for leaders to derive insights and ultimately enable them to make the better business decisions. Serves as project manager for smaller GBO strategic projects on occasional basis with oversight of Associate Director, Program Management & Analytics. The Data Visualization Analyst 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Data Visualization Analyst 2 Creates new data analysis and reports and enhancements that are dynamic, interactive, automated and visually understandable.
· Partners with stakeholders to elicit requirements to understand what questions they wish to answer with data.
· Performs data query across multiple data sets.
· Develops complete understanding of data sets and able to quickly determine aberrations that undermine data credibility.
· Documents data calculations, definitions and sources. Interprets data analysis and user interface reports to create a narrative that is insightful and actionable.
· Develops business partnerships, acting as trusted advisor to stakeholders, highlighting customer and associate pain-points and recommending additional drill-down analysis to dig into these pain-points and trends.
· Provides coaching to improve stakeholder data literacy with the ultimate goal of stakeholder self-service of recurring automated visualized reports. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas.
· Makes decisions regarding own methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
· Upon occasion, drives smaller GBO strategic projects to completion, identify and tracking milestones, escalating obstacles impeding progress, and partnering with project team members to clarify roles and tasks.
Must meet one of the following:
· Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Analytics, Informatics and/or related field
· 2 - 5 years of professional experience performing data analytics and building user interfaces, visualizations, and data algorithms and partnering with business stakeholders
Must meet all of the following:
· Fluency in SQL and visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
· Experience taking complex data and making it more accessible, understandable and usable for leaders to derive insights.
· Capable of leading discussions about visualizations in order to articulate a point of view about the data, interpret trends and pain-points, promote data-driven decisions.
· Demonstrated passion in championing improved data literacy within GBO contact center leadership
· Demonstrated initiative, collaboration and organization skills in order to occasionally work as project manager. Receptivity to learning how to manage a project
· Strong, clear oral and written communication skills
· Flexible, dynamic personality who works well in a team environment
· Individual contributor that can work independently
· Must be eager and enthusiastic about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
· Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Analytics, Informatics and/or related field
· Healthcare or managed care experience
· Experience supporting call center with data, visualization & reporting
· Experience with data extraction and analysis technologies such as Azure or other cloud data platforms
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Mission: At Humana, our cultural foundation is aligned to helping members achieve their best health by delivering personalized, simplified, whole-person healthcare experiences. Recognizing healthcare needs continue to evolve for each person, for each family and for each community, Humana continuously creates innovative solutions and resources that help people live their healthiest lives on their terms –when and where they need it. Our employees are at the heart of making this happen and that’s why we are dedicated to building an organization of dynamic talent whose experience and passion center on putting the customer first.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Humana Safety and Security
Humana will never ask, nor require a candidate provide money for work equipment and network access during the application process. If you become aware of any instances where you as a candidate are asked to provide information and do not believe it is a legitimate request from Humana or affiliate, please contact email@example.com to validate the request.