Cisco AppD Technical Project Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Technical Project Manager, Professional Services
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer, offering an application performance monitoring platform that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, Customers can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of their entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, they will finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps them protect their bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences.
Our inclusive culture promotes a creative, innovative, and collaborative environment that helps drive our globalization strategy.
About the Role
At AppDynamics, we are passionate about technology and working with our diverse customers to deliver successful projects.
Technical Project Managers lead AppDynamics implementation projects for our Customers. They work closely with the project team, provide guidance along the way to ensure we deliver the expected value of AppDynamics, iteratively, over the lifespan of the project. This includes advising both, our internal project team and our customer on implementation approach, strategy, integration, deployment, and adoption of standard methodologies to ensure our customer realizes long-term value from the implemented software. They build positive relationships, create robust project implementation strategies, and drive the engagement towards successful completion.
Our mission: AppDynamics Services provides technology and thought leadership for our customers to rapidly and fully realize the value of their investment
- Plan and own the customer project implementation from the initiation until closure.
- Leading the scoping of activities by working closely with customer teams as well as AppDynamics colleagues (Architects, Consultants, Sales Engineers, Sales and Customer Success).
- Engage and empower our project team, and guide them.
- Accurately schedule resources and forecast delivered revenue.
- Supervise and track action items and issues through to closure and record all decisions and risks.
- Coordinate AppDynamics project resources - driving performance and ensuring efficient resource onboarding and offboarding.
- Contribute to continuous PMO process improvements by promoting and highlighting successful experiences.
Success Behaviors (What does success look like?)
Excellent Technical Project Managers are passionate about making customers successful. They build positive relationships with customers and have regular interaction to update them on the project status and anticipate risks early. In addition to these important characteristics, they understand our customers' value cases and can translate business requirements into successful implementation strategies.
They are advisors to our consultants and architects, giving them direction and feedback throughout the project.
They build positive relationships within our team and across other teams within AppDynamics.
They think strategically, and plan for long term success for AppDynamics and the customer. They think of creative approaches to resolve problems in large organizations.
They continuously improve their own skills and actively seek new learning and development opportunities.
- Significant experience as a Technical Project Manager, in a software vendor consulting services organization, with strong relevant technical experience in a related technological environment.
- Extensive customer-facing experience such as in a pre-sales or consultancy or similar.
- Experience delivering hands-on technical implementation services as a consultant, architect, or in a similar role
- Experience in application performance management (APM) is a definite plus.
- Experience in at least one of the following technical domains (Cloud technologies, containers & micro services, DevOps, automation, service management, etc...).
- Experience with estimating technical effort, building quotes, proposals or statements of work.
- Experience running multiple projects concurrently with cross-team dependencies.
- Passionate and excited about technology and delivering value to Customers!
- Able to take a consultative approach and make sure scope and project boundaries are maintained
- Track record of providing prescriptive implementation strategy and guidance for complex technical implementation projects
- Knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and the use of different software implementation methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- Smartsheet, MS Project, Salesforce.com and Office apps - advanced skill level.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to travel 25-40% when required
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science preferred) or equivalent required
- Technical certifications in cloud technologies, monitoring, or development (e.g. AWS, Azure, Java, etc.) (preferred)
- PMP certification or PRINCE 2 Practitioner or similar (preferred)
- Scrum Master or Product Owner Certification (preferred)
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Certification (preferred)
- ITIL Foundation (preferred)
If the award-winning culture at Cisco-AppDynamics is not enough to entice you, here are some more reasons that would make you excited to get out of bed and raring to go each morning:
We are passionate about supporting our team to achieve our goals, so we offer plenty of opportunities to attend training and conferences. In those trainings, you will learn new skills to stay current with the latest methodologies, technologies and soft skills to maximize your potential.
Moreover, we offer competitive compensation, generous paid time off policy + 5 extra days for volunteering, private health care, pension, maternity and paternity support, employee stock purchase plan, other perks such as: mobile phone, gym, work from home and so much more!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.