Laramie County Community College Athletic Event Support Staff in Cheyenne, Wyoming
The mission of Laramie County Community College is to transform our students' lives through the power of inspired learning. Our over-arching goal is that our accomplishments as a community college will distinguish LCCC from others in the nation, in turn benefiting our communities and bringing pride to the Great State of Wyoming. Our core values include Passion, Authenticity, and the Desire to Make a Difference.
Various jobs pertaining to athletic events including: volleyball, basketball and soccer.
These positions function as support for LCCC Golden Eagle Athletic events for basketball (men's & women's), soccer (men's and women's), volleyball, and Rodeo--for the Shawn Dubie Memorial Rodeo
- Positions include but are not limited to:
keeping stats, filming of contests, assisting with livestreaming of events, scorekeeping, announcing, running the clock(s), assisting with officials, taking tickets, shagging balls, setting up for events, taking down after events, and any other needs of the event or department
- Applicants may work a variety of jobs within the athletic events. For example, an applicant could run the clock for a soccer match and take tickets at a basketball or volleyball contest
Applicant may work more than one position. Positions require availability outside of the normal business hours of the Athletics and Recreation PE Facility including weekends and nights.
Compensation: $12.72 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Screening Date: Screening is ongoing until positions are filled.
Start Date: As soon after screening process as practical based on event schedule.
Semesters: Fall/2020 and Spring 2021.
Represent Laramie County Community College in a professional manner
Communicate effectively with others as appropriate
Provide competent and courteous service
Be on time as directed by the Event Manager, Athletic Director or Coach
Ask questions when concerns arise
Work multiple positions as back up when necessary
Physical/Mental Demands: (The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this position and/or may be encountered while performing essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
The ability to comply with highly inflexible deadlines is required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position; there will be multiple occurrences of sudden, urgent task completion required
While performing the essential functions of this position a variable work schedule may be required including long workdays, evenings, and weekends as needed
There may be occurrences of interacting with employees and/or students, past employees and/or students, members of the general public, and others who express opinions, may exhibit strong emotions, which will require the employee to interact professionally, diplomatically, and appropriately in such situations
· While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to move around the assigned work areas as well as within hallways, meeting rooms, and other parts of the campus facilities
- The work environment for this position requires the ability to work in a gym/recreation area which may include long periods of standing, sitting, frequent bending, kneeling, crouching, and the ability to respond quickly to an active athletic environment. (i.e. basket balls being thrown, running patrons, quickly changing environment, etc.)
· An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds to perform essential position functions. Lifts exceeding 50 pounds require team lift technique.· Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The overall work environment requires the mental ability to shift focal point quickly due to interruptions; an employee must be able to mentally track multiple projects and tasking as well
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, there may be unexpected instances of somewhat loud sounds
Basic knowledge and experience in applicable sport(s) or approval by the Director of Athletics and Recreation or sport specific Coach.
LCCC DOES NOT SPONSOR H1B VISAS.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is committed to providing a safe and nondiscriminatory educational and employment environment. The college does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or other status protected by law. Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The college does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic or other programs or in the context of employment.
The College has a designated person to monitor compliance and to answer any questions regarding the college’s non-discrimination policies: Please contact: Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Room 205B, Pathfinder Building, 1400 E College Drive, Cheyenne, WY 82007, 307-778-1217, TitleIX_ADA.Coordinator@lccc.wy.edu.
Street: 1400 E. College Dr