Robert Half International Internal Audit Manager/Director in CHESAPEAKE, Virginia
The Audit Manager functions as a team leader on large, complex reviews (the annual SOX testing initiative) and may supervise others in an audit project setting.
• Identify process and control improvement opportunities and communicate them to the team leader and function/location management
• Perform project lead responsibilities on some projects and/or manage other staff members assigned to a project.
• Train others in department methodologies and ensure standards are met.
• Perform appropriate quality assurance activities including work paper review.
• Lead project reporting and project wrap-up activities, including facilitating the exit conference, writing segments of the audit memo and other deliverables, gathering customer feedback, finalizing work papers, and leading team feedback processes.
• Manage audit project planning and preparation activities including conducting preliminary surveys and analysis, setting the audit scope, scheduling resources, writing the scope memo, making audit contacts, training team members, developing work and communication plans, and making travel arrangements.
• Complete specific segments or tasks with an audit project or special assignment.
• Setting, scheduling, and communicating follow-up tasks.
• Communicating audit results to division and location management as appropriate.
• May have responsibility for audit coverage of key businesses, audit risk areas, and/or for supporting key company initiatives.
Analysis, Project Planning, Regulatory Reporting, SOX - Sarbanes-Oxley, Risk Management, SEC Financial Reporting, Audit Committee, Audit - Operational, Audit Findings, Audit - Financial, Audit Management
Requires a Degree and advanced certifications: CIA, CPA, CISA or CMA
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.