Citigroup Apps Dev Intermediate Programmer Analyst - C11 - CTS Chennai in Chennai, India
This is an intermediate developer role in a fast-paced technology delivery organization supporting regulatory requirements. This position is part of AML Monitoring Technology team that is building next generation AML monitoring platforms at Citi. This individual will be working with framework lead in key framework component development, solution designing and code quality improvement in close coordination with AML solution development teams, project managers, architecture teams and other stakeholders. In addition to that s/he is also responsible for performing day-to-day support activities to ensure smooth functioning of the AML Monitoring applications.
Preferred Work Experience:
• At least 7 years of application development experience through full lifecycle
• 5+ years of experience in database and big data related technologies
• 3+ years of experience in developing big data solutions using related technologies such as Spark, Hive, HDFS including access control, orchestration, debugging, monitoring, logging, root cause analysis and deployment
• Experience in Python and/or Scala is preferred
• Strong Software Development Lifecycle management experience
• Experience in data quality/assessment and troubleshooting data related issues
• Experience with Unix/Linux, Shell Scripting, SQL
• Experience with scheduling tools such as Autosys
• Good understanding of meta data management & data warehousing concepts
• Experience with performing root-cause analysis of production job failures
• Cloudera certification preferred
• Experience working with teams spread across many countries and time zones
• Good team player interested in sharing knowledge and cross-training other team members and shows interest in learning new technologies and products
• Self-starter who works with minimal supervision
• Strong communications skills
• Good understanding of Banking Domain, preferably AML
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
o Opportunities for career growth within Global AML program
o Exposure and opportunity to work in all aspects of Big Data Platform.
o Involve and contribute to projects involving implementation of complex Global AML requirements
o Exposure to AML monitoring processes and overall functional knowledge.
o A team with a win-together/lose-together attitude and strong sense of identity and positive culture.
Communication => Must Have => Expert Level
Culture Fit => Must Have => Intermediate Level
Attention to detail => Must Have => Intermediate Level
Client focus/Customer orientation => Must Have => Beginner Level
Hive => Must Have
Spark => Must Have
BigData-Hadoop => Must Have
Domain Knowledge => Nice to Have
Unix/Linux => Must Have
• Proven ability to work with teams that are geographically separated
• Should be a self-starter with a high level of initiative.
• Excellent oral and written communication skill as candidate is expected to work with onshore & near-shore teams
• Should be able to own end-to-end project including development, requirement gathering and stakeholder management.
• Willingness to work late in the evening India time on need basis in order to interact with US onshore team and to meet urgent requests by Clients.
• Contribute to various aspects of development life cycle, including: technical design, programming, testing, documentation, implementation, and on-going technical support
• Should be analytical and be able to profile data and derive patterns and issues
• Should support development teams and testing teams in implementing and testing their code
• Should be continuously looking out for opportunities for design and process improvements
• Should take ownership of projects and be able to run with them independently
• Nurture talent and contribute towards knowledge development of team.
• Ability and willingness to learn newer tools used for build and deployments and contribute in SIT/UAT deployments as well.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi (https://www.citigroup.com/citi/accessibility/application-accessibility.htm) .
View the "EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
View the EEO Policy Statement (http://citi.com/citi/diversity/assets/pdf/eeo_aa_policy.pdf) .
View the Pay Transparency Posting (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.