Lockheed Martin Information Systems Security Officer ( ISSO ), Classified Cyber Securi in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Description: The successful candidate will provide Classified Cybersecurity support to Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control programs at the Chelmsford, MA facility.
Major duties include Information Systems Security Officer as defined in the Joint Security Implementation Guide (JSIG) as part of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) directive, National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM).
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring weekly technical audits are performed on classified systems, installing system patches, protecting systems from virus threats, configuring new classified computer systems, documenting configuration changes, and continuous monitoring of all RMF controls. Duties also include information technology support for classified systems and networks. Additionally, the candidate must be able to effectively interface with numerous security agencies and customers, taking direction from more senior team members and management, and making decisions on how new technologies will impact security. Should be able to communicate effectively, have excellent organizational skills, solve technical problems, and be able to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment.
Candidate must have knowledge of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and the NSA configuration standards for DOD IA and IA-enabled devices/systems, computer operations and experience with the technical configuration settings for various operating systems.
Candidate will be responsible for system security, testing and system accreditation activities, and continuous monitoring. Develop and implement government approved information security procedures and plans for the operation of multiple networked and standalone classified computers, and coordinate government agency approvals. Candidate will conduct or oversee self-inspections and will maintain minimum compliance with the JSIG/RMF, NISPOM, DAAPM, corporate directives, pertinent DoD Information Assurance (IA)/Cyber instructions and other government contractual security commitments.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position. The Locale: Chelmsford, Massachusetts is a charming suburb of Boston located about 25 miles northwest of that city. Chelmsford is very close to historic Lowell Massachusetts and to Nashua, New Hampshire. Chelmsford is within reach of New Hampshire’s White Mountains and awesome ski areas to the north, and the scenic coastal towns of MA and NH are about an hour east. This scenic colonial region offers lots of New England charm, great schools, shopping, and restaurants. Chelmsford and the region share an impressive past from the early days after the pilgrims arrived in Plymouth to the revolutionary war. Where can you get to from Chelmsford? Chelmsford is about 90 minutes from Cape Cod. Boston is about 30 minutes to the east without traffic. New York City is about 4.5 hours away from Chelmsford. Waterville Valley and other major ski resorts of New Hampshire and Vermont are about 2 to 3 hours to the north. It should be noted that Chelmsford, Massachusetts is approximately 35 miles northwest of the Boston metropolitan area and offers better access to a wide range of substantially more affordable regions in the area to live. Those regions include Northeastern and North Central Massachusetts, and Southern, New Hampshire.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Working knowledge of supporting Cyber security activities as a Systems Administrator
- Experience configuring security settings on Windows computers
- Ability to obtain a DoD 8570.01 compliant security certification such as CISSP or Security+ within 6 months
- Experience with Windows products and a knowledge of UNIX operating systems
- This position requires applicants to have a Final Secret security clearance . This position may require an enhanced security review in accordance with Government contract requirements and it is a condition of employment that individuals hired into positions requiring program clearance obtain and maintain such clearance within sufficient time to allow Lockheed Martin to meet its business needs.
- Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) experience
- Experience with Security Directives, Policies, Publications and Regulations.
- Excellent communications skills
- Working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) for the Assessment and Authorization of classified information systems
- Experience using the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.