BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Manager, Software QA and Test (Chattanooga, TN) in Chattanooga, Tennessee
This position manages quality assurance and testing of new and enhanced IT programs and applications. The Manager of Software QA and Test also oversees staff that provide detailed test planning, testing and debugging to ensure all IT programs meet corporate quality and audit standards utilizing test management toolsets
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs the IT Software QA and Test department, including the following activities: providing guidance, training, and direction, hiring new employees, conducting reviews as scheduled, recognizing outstanding work, and counseling on performance issues, ensuring that it meets customer requirements in a timely and responsive manner.
- Manages the budget associated with IT Software QA and Test activities, including responsibility for policies, procedures, resources and assets associated with software test activities in I/S.
- Provides ongoing IT process improvement related to software quality assurance and testing including recommendation and selection of tools and techniques to improve software quality and efficiency of test processes.
- Ensures policies, procedures, and standards for software testing of IT projects are established, reviewed periodically and maintained.
- Consults with IT management and staff as needed on appropriate processes to solve IT and business problems.
- Ensures that new IT employees are trained in the use of IT software test policies, processes, procedures and technologies for conducting unit, system, performance, user acceptance and other types of software test methodology, as required
- Ensures that training and consulting is provided for the effective use of standard BCBST software test tools for test development, test management, metric collection, test reporting and defect tracking.
- Coordinates analysis of functional requirements and project objectives to define, develop and execute test plans, scenarios, scripts and procedures.
- Documents test procedures to ensure tests can be replicated and comply with standards.
- Documents software defects using a defect tracking system and reports defects to software developers.
- Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent years of experience; In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, will accept one year of technical experience for each year of requested college education.
- Five (5) years management experience with software quality assurance and testing teams comprised of onshore and offshore resources.
- Five (5) years experience with manual testing, testing tools, writing test plans and reviewing test cases, including hands-on experience with testing software.
- Experience in vendor resource management; strong understanding of testing methodologies, tools, technologies and techniques including, but not limited to, the development of functional, automated regression, and performance testing practices.
- Working knowledge of information technologies with active insight into advances in software testing tools and techniques.
- Experience establishing test operations processes and procedures; proven experience with all project processes, from estimation and cost/benefit analysis to status reporting and issue resolution; experience with the recruitment, training, and mentoring of new resources, both onshore and offshore, and ensuring resources meet objectives and organizational standards.
- Working understanding of the following software development methodologies: Scrum, Waterfall, and Agile; proven Experience in supporting business development activities, including the creation and presentation of proposals to senior leadership and key stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and ability to develop creative solutions in a changing environment.
- Financial management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and the ability to explain technical concepts associated with software testing in layman’s terms.
- Ability to adapt to change, multi-task, meet multiple deadlines, collaborate, and lead others
Job Specific Requirements:
NOTICE OF FILING OF APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT LABOR CERTIFICATION
Job offer contingent upon satisfactory background check, tobacco/nicotine test, and drug test.
WAGE/HOURS:Salary is$147,493.00per year; 40 hours per week (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM); Mon– Fri.
CONTACT: Stephanie Jacobs, Sr. Recruiting Coordinator, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, One Cameron Hill Circle, Chattanooga, TN 37402; E-mail: Stephanie_Jacobs@bcbst.com; SJ-AC.
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
Applying for this job indicates your acknowledgement and understanding of the following statement:
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Further information regarding BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices may be found by reviewing the following page:
BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.