Live Nation Special Events Logistics Coordinator in Charlotte, North Carolina
WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com .
Live Nation’s Concerts Division is where tours are born, artists come to life, and fans get to experience the rush of live music. From our dozens of owned/operated Amphitheaters to our Global Touring team, from Ticketing and Venue Operations to Marketing and Sales... we foster a fun and upbeat work culture with no shortage of opportunities. With perks ranging from free concert tickets to dog-friendly offices, to progressive benefits like student loan reimbursement and adoption/fertility support... it’s no wonder we are certified as a Great Place to Work organization and one of People Magazine’s “50 Companies that Care”. We want everyone to feel like they belong and can thrive in our community, so we strive to help you achieve your career and personal goals. Live music is our passion and where we find our common ground. There has never been a better time to join Live Nation.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Responsible for the coordination and execution of all events contracted by the Sales Department
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
· Coordinate all aspects of operational set-up and break down of events (equipment needs, rental needs, and station set-up)
· Assists with Production department all aspects needed for an event
· Liaison between client and Live Nation Members throughout the event
· Executes admission tickets and retail requests for Special Events
· Verbally communicate in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality of service and adherence to all applicable federal, state and local safety & health regulations and Live Nation standards
· Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific HOB standard)
· Conduct Event Pre-Shift with Operations Managers and communicate event specifics at Team Member Pre-Shift
· Assures seamless transition for Client from Sales Department to Operations Manager during Event
· Handle all aspects of the Special Event once the special event order (SEO) has been distributed
· Maintain files in proper order after the special event order has been distributed
· Due to the nature of the hospitality industry; you may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the venue
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
· Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
· Knowledge of all appropriate table settings and etiquette
· Working knowledge of fine dining, strong food and wine knowledge and sequence of service (specific to Foundation Rooms).
· Basic Mathematical skills
· Ability to operate various food and beverage equipment present at a functions
Working Environment / Physical Activities
· Physical activities include walking, talking, seeing, hearing, pushing, balancing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, handling, fingering. Must be able to grasp and hold very small objects
· Ability to walk and stand for long period of time
· Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 pounds
· Ability to work in a very fast paced environment with considerable noise and interruptions. Must be able to change activity frequently
· High School Diploma
· Working knowledge of Restaurant & Music Hall Operations; event planning, food preparation & presentation, menu planning, food costing, computers (word processing, database spreadsheets)
· Entry level knowledge of legal and HR issues with regards to the hospitality industry (federal, state, and local law regarding liquor, labor and health code regulations) POS systems
· Exhibits positive attitudes; excellent written and verbal communication; high level of organizational and follow-through skills; communicates assertively; maintains personal integrity
· Ability to handle various projects at one time make good decisions; delegates; follow up; communicate with staff and guests in a positive manner
· Previous experience with cash handling in a high volume facility
· College Degree
· Minimum of two years management experience in sales / marketing / catering; public speaking experience a plus.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
· Work environment is fast-paced
· Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching
· Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
· Tolerance of loud noises
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
HIRING PRACTICES The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of
Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the CO EPEWA, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.