Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Engineer in Charlotte, North Carolina
The Commerce and Ecosystem division (C+E) in the Cloud & AI group powers commerce for Microsoft’s key businesses like Azure, Office 365. The Commerce Partner & Seller Experience team within this group is a great place to grow your career while working on initiatives that deliver compelling value to Microsoft’s developer and partner ecosystem across gaming, commercial, and productivity segments.
We are hiring an experienced in career Software Engineer to help us deliver services and experiences for empowering Microsoft’s developer and partner ecosystem to be successful. This role will work with engineers across Microsoft to deliver support for advanced security models in our services. Our mission takes the lessons of recent industry security trends and helps Microsoft lead the industry in how our partners adopt secure platforms.
In this position, you will be part of a fun-loving, diverse team that seeks challenges, loves learning and values teamwork. You will collaborate with team members and partners to build full stack web applications using latest web technologies in a dynamic and agile environment, and have opportunities for mentorship, career growth, and work on high-business impact areas.
Successful candidates will exhibit various attributes which will enhance their ability to succeed in this position.
Collaboration - As most development is about working with others, both within an immediate team, as well as across business units and portions of the company, an ability to collaborate effectively is a core competency to have.
Customer Focus - A focus on delivering customer value, and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and actions to that value is a huge plus for successful engineers at any level.
Drive for Results - Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all, is a skill and ability which a successful engineer should exhibit.
Technical Excellence - Core to being a software engineer is of course technical excellence. This is not merely knowing the latest and greatest language developments, but demonstrating a passion for technology, a curiosity to ‘go deep’, and an ability to quickly learn and build upon past experiences, to be able to extrapolate from those experiences, and deliver innovations. Technical excellence is rooted in having a strong demonstrable aptitude for problem solving.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate this broad set of attributes well.
• Building Authorization APIs and services
• Great design and problem solving with a bias for sharing knowledge and inclusion.
• Knowledge and passion for Agile development practices including test-driven development and continuous integration.
• Are passionate about designing and building compelling solutions to connect millions of users with the power of Microsoft 365
• Are ambitious about being analytical and data-informed, and learn by experimenting
• Are a thought leader and a change agent
• Are obsessed about great customer experiences and outcomes
• Have 10+ years of experience designing and building secure systems
• Have 10+ years of experience building and scaling critical infrastructure shared by many services.
• Have 10+ years of industry experience in software design and development
• Preferably, have demonstrable experience in driving key architectural decisions, designs and implementation of large-scale services
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.