Lincoln Financial Group Senior Associate Actuary, Finance Group Protection in Charlotte, North Carolina
Alternate Locations: Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Phoenix, AZ (Arizona); Work from Home
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for the Claims and Finance organization for the Group Protection business. S/he will direct, develop and perform complex actuarial analysis and provide recommendations for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Understands data flow, researches meaningful data trends, and champions building datasets for actuarial and financial analysis.
• Reviews emerging experience on a regular basis; identifying and assessing drivers of any significant variances and weighing against anticipated internal and external trends.
• Makes connections between the business and back-end data, telling a story with the data.
• Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
• Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Directs, develops and/or runs complex actuarial models and analysis for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Leads actuarial projects and proactively identifies challenges and resolutions.
• Organizes findings in a clear, systematic fashion and presents actuarial recommendations to various levels of management and other stakeholders.
• Provides expertise on actuarial models and assumption development and suggests new ways of managing risk.
• Maintains awareness of developments in the actuarial industry.
• Performs actuarial analyses and participates in cross-functional assignments
• Understands vision, goals, and direction of the organization
• Leads others to achieve individual and team goals
- FSA designation or ASA designation with additional years actuarial experience -Upon Hire
Education and Experience
• Undergraduate degree in Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative major (Minimum Required)
• 5 – 7+ Years’ experience in actuarial science that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
• Demonstrated SQL skills (Strongly Preferred), experience with Oracle and/or cloud analytics platform (Preferred)
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.