ManTech Staff ISSE in Chantilly, Virginia
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement. As a Staff Information System Security Engineer, you will provide critical systems, application and infrastructure support to our Department of Defense customer. You have the opportunity to work with a team across multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development. This is a great opportunity for technical and professional growth, as you will get in on the ground floor while we implement and operate Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM) applications across enclaves.
This Staff ISSE position continuously monitors the security state of the system by building and maintaining queries, reports, and alerts in Splunk and displaying them in dashboards available to engineers, Information System Security Managers (ISSM), the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Information System Owners (ISO) and other ISSOs/ISSEs. You will gain an understanding of the daily operation of the system to identify, explain, and document anomalous events and behaviors, following established incident response and mitigation procedures.
Your excellent analytical skills will assist in quantifying risk to enterprise systems and level of compliance with security policy across a broad spectrum of daily operations. Your responsibilities will also include elements of physical and environmental protection, personnel security, incident handling, and security training and awareness. In close coordination with the Lead ISSE and the rest of the Audit team, you will play an active role in monitoring the enterprise to include developing and maintaining the SEIM toolsets, and documenting the security impact of changes.
• Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures
• Create and maintain information system security documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and provide guidance on active Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
• Conduct periodic and continuous monitoring of the system, procedures, and documentation to ensure compliance with the authorization package
• Conduct daily, weekly and monthly review and management of the audit collection system, using various SEIM applications.
• Implement existing media control and data transfer policies
• Work within the IA team to perform basic system administration and maintain various IA tools, including audit collection and reporting systems, vulnerability management programs, and other continuous monitoring capabilities
• Participate in the change management process, including reviewing Change Requests and assisting in the assessment of security impact of proposed changes
• Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and functions are properly restored and functioning correctly following an outage
• Prepare system documentation for assessment in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST Special Publications (800-37, 800-53 and others); identify deficiencies and provide recommendations for solutions; track findings with POA&M through mitigation and/or risk acceptance
• Responsible for the implementation of the information assurance program controls in accordance with NIST 800-53 series
• Assist with security infractions and assist in security investigations and responses as requested
• Work on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer's production IT environment
• Bachelor's degree (preferably in telecommunications, computer science, information systems management, electrical engineering, computer engineering or similar field of study) and have 3 to 5 years’ experience with information systems and related security concerns; or a Master's degree with 1 to 3 years’ experience
• DoD 8570 IAT II Level certification
• Background and 1-2 years’ experience with Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM) tools. Experience with Splunk is preferred and Splunk certifications are highly desired
• Experience using various IA tools in audit collection, audit review, audit management, and end point protection
• Experience with security efforts related to modern Windows, Linux, UNIX, Cisco, SQL or Oracle databases, and virtualized systems are desired
Physical Requirements: Operate computer equipment and lift 20 pounds, Communicate, Must be able to detect, Identify, Recognize, Observe, Assess, Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure, Ability to use MS Office, Ability to use PC, Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills, Interpersonal and People Skills, Leadership Skills, Listening Skills, Multi-Tasking Ability, Oral and Written Communication Skills, Organizational Skills, Presentation Skills (using Powerpoint)
Active Top Secret clearance adjudicated within the past 6 years. Candidate must be open to CI poly.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.