General Electric Associate Director of Biostatistics in Chalfont St Giles, United Kingdom
Role Summary:As an Associate Director of Biostatistics, you will provide leadership and guidance on a project team, and act key statistical advisor the lead statistician.For one or more projects,, you will lead all statistical aspects of clinical studies and submissions, including quality, relevance to regulatory perspective, and scientific validity for one or more projects and act as key statistical advisor. company.
Essential Responsibilities:• Project - Provide statistical support and scientific leadership for selected projects. You will be accountable for statistical aspects of clinical studies and submissions of the project, and maintain awareness of industry standards and regulatory requirements and novel methodologies.
• Mentor people working on the project: promote teamwork, quality, and innovation. Ensure project team compliance with SOPs and departmental standards.
• Resource Management - Plan and track project activities, timelines, and resource use.
• Independently coordinate the statistical activities of Contract Research Organizations (CRO) from review of initial proposal to completion of contracted work.
• Collaboration - Ensure productive collaborations with other functions in the aligned project team. Represent statistical group in cross function working groups. Contribute to operation process optimization and provide inputs to statistics standards.
• Maintain industry standards and regulatory requirements for statistical analysis and reporting results
• Provide advanced consulting and statistical training to scientists.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Ph.D. (MS) in statistics or related discipline with extensive pharmaceutical experience, including experience in clinical development
• Proven success, through previous submissions or significant interactions, in meeting regulatory guidelines and requirements for drug development
• Broad knowledge and superior understanding of advanced statistical concepts and techniques.
• Knowledge of data processing and programming
• Demonstrated project management, interpersonal skill
• Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Desired Characteristics:• Supervisory and budget management experience is a plus
About Us:GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. Learn More About GE Healthcare.
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.Additional Locations:United Kingdom;Chalfont St Giles;