UnityPoint Health Speech Pathologist - Full Time in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Description of Position:
Responsible for patient examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis and therapeutic intervention. The staff speech-language pathologist practices within the scope of the profession of Speech Language Pathology for adult and pediatric patients.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Examines patients/clients - obtains history, performs a systems review, and selects and administers discipline- and age-specific tests and measures to obtain data
· Evaluates patients/clients - makes clinical judgments based on data gathered during the examination
· Develops patient/client diagnoses or problem lists (cluster of signs and symptoms)
· Develops patient/client prognoses (optimal level of improvement and time needed to achieve it)
· In collaboration with patient or family develops plans of care with measurable goals
· Develops and implements patient/client interventions, including delegating and supervising support staff
· Provides patient and family education and training
· Completes required patient care documentation and communication
· Formulates and implements patients discharge plans in collaboration with others
· Collaborates with hospital departments and community agencies to deliver coordinated care.
· Maintains a safe and orderly work environment
· Meets department productivity standards
Program and professional development
· Provides clinical supervision of students
· Facilitates orderly department functioning
· Participates in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and hospital meetings
· Participates in interdisciplinary task forces and committees
· Participates in performance improvement activities
· Contributes to program development
· Participates in hospital and department provided in-services and community education
· Participates in development and education of colleagues
· Promotes a greater understanding of rehabilitation and of Speech Pathology in the hospital and community
· Assumes responsibility for own professional growth and development in clinical practice, regulatory and fiscal issues
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, CARF, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Meets educational requirements as necessary for obtaining professional license in Speech-Language Pathology
Experience working as a speech-language pathologist preferred
Requisition ID: 2021-87209
Street: 1026 A Ave NE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
Name: Speech Therapy
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8-4:30 MWF; 8:30-3:00 T/Th and occasional weekends
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org