Raytheon Technologies Principal Technical Engineer - Test Engineering in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE
, Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
As a Principle Technical Engineer, you will help support SW architecture design, develop and integrate complex features and functionality for use on multiple government platforms. The position will require the development of software via a wide variety of programming languages including but not limited to C/C++, and others SW languages. In addition, the assignment may require assisting in other elements of the software/systems engineering process including requirements analysis and capture, system/sub-system design, software requirements definition, integration, and formal test for requirement verification. The candidate will perform these assignments in conjunction with other system and software engineers using Collins Aerospace engineering processes. Successful programs depend on teamwork grounded in internal communication as well as direct interaction with the end customer including presentations, technical exchanges, and on-site support.
· Applies extensive technical expertise and has detailed knowledge of the related disciplines
· Fully leverages diverse /opposing points of view to support business strategies and emerging priorities
· Focuses resolution on root cause analysis and ensures lesson's learned are turned into changes in process or standard work where applicable
· Identifies, implements and shares breakthrough business ideas and practices
· Views problems from a total business perspective, considering economic opportunity, required investment, risks and anticipated paybacks
· Represents needs of customer during internal meetings in order to develop plans that will add value to the business and meet customer expectations
· Empowers others to achieve desired results and holds them accountable
· Rewards people when they have done well, and confronts them directly with specific feedback when they don't demonstrate desired performance
· Establishes a roadmap for execution of programs and insertion of technological improvements in to products or processes
· Clarifies and extends the meaning of others' points for mutual understanding
· Gives others direct, constructive and actionable feedback in a way that they can understand and use
· Focuses on assigning individuals to projects that will further develop their talent or skills
· Remains focused on guiding others towards the most important objectives in the organization
· Works across organizational boundaries and readily encourages collaboration to produce superior results
· Is a confident presenter, articulates ideas clearly and answers questions directly in both small and large group settings
- RF and GPS experience is a plus.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
US Citizenship is required. Candidate must have the ability to obtain a US DoD Security Clearance
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link (http://www.rtx.com/privacy/Job-Applicant-Privacy-Notice) to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.