Avantor, Inc. Reliability Engineer in Carpinteria, California
Job SummaryThe Reliability Engineer, under increasingly limited supervision, will work closely with R&D, Manufacturing, Reliability & Maintenance Mechanics, and Process Engineering to plan and design equipment upgrades and optimization to support NuSil's needs.
This position is located in the Engineering department, specifically focused on maintenance and reliability of the equipment and facilities. Primary job functions include:
• Troubleshooting and repairs of down equipment, occasionally leading groups of mechanics and engineers
• In-depth project planning, design, construction, and install of capital projects
• Perform value calculations on potential projects
• Maintenance and Reliability program development and implementation to enhance the capabilities of the Engineering group, promoting a more proactive than reactive culture
• Reliability and maintainability assessments of capital projects by other groups/engineers
• Preventative maintenance writing and scheduling
• Other documentation activities including Installation/Operational Qualification, Equipment Operating Procedures, Work Instructions (LOTO, Preventative Maintenance), safety training
• Involvement in equipment PSM, including Process Hazard Analysis, Process Safety Information, and Mechanical Integrity
• BS or higher Engineering degree (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical)
• High mechanical aptitude
• Electrical experience a plus
• Proficient in CAD modeling, FEA, design optimizations (preferably SolidWorks)
• Comfortable producing experimental data to drive decisions
• Previous experience utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System
• Previous experience with Root Cause Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, and other risk assessment tools preferred
• Hands-on work mentality
• Experience in a shop environment, using basic hand and shop tools
• Familiar with OSHA PSM and NFPA codes for flammable materials
DISCLAIMER:The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law (https://media.vwr.com/emdocs/docs/EEO-is-the-law.pdf)
OFCCP EEO Supplement (https://media.vwr.com/emdocs/docs/OFCCP-EEO-Supplement.pdf)
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Avantor® is a leading global provider of integrated, tailored solutions for the life sciences and advanced technology industries. Strengthened by the recent acquisition of VWR, the Company is a trusted partner to customers and suppliers from discovery to delivery. With operations in more than 30 countries and a diverse portfolio that includes more than four million products, Avantor enables customer success through innovation, cGMP manufacturing and comprehensive service offerings. Collectively, we set science in motion to create a better world.
Learn more at www.avantorsciences.com