Indiana University Health Housekeeper - PRN in Carmel, Indiana
As a part of our frontline infection prevention team, this position continuously provides the best care and service to not only our patients, but our customers, colleagues, and the communities that we serve. Our goal is to ensure a clean and orderly environment to all who come through our doors. Our Housekeepers play a meaningful role in cleaning and sanitizing a variety of spaces in our facilities. Those spaces may include, but are not limited to: patient units (which may include removing refuse and soiled linens), office areas, clinics, treatment/procedural areas, and public spaces using various supplies and cleaning equipment. Are you seeking a role where your efforts will improve the lives and experiences of our patients and employees? If so, we want to hear from you! Apply now and become part of the IU Health team.
As part of an award winning hospital system, our roles include:
Excellent benefits for part time and full time positions
Development opportunities & tuition reimbursement
• High school graduate or an equivalent combination of education experience from which comparable job knowledge can be acquired; to include graduates from an approved IU Health transition-to-work program.
• Requires the ability to clean areas that require technical cleaning including IR/Cardiac Cath/Mother-Baby/NICU/OR/ED.
• Requires the ability to operate light floor equipment for cleaning floors in patient care areas.
• Must be able to lift and transport patients in case of emergency.
• Physical requirements to include: reaching, standing for long periods of time, squatting, bending, carrying and/or lifting supplies and equipment weighing 35 lbs. or more, up to 80% of the time.
• Requires the ability to climb ladders.
• Must be able to wear protective equipment/clothing required by the environment or government regulations such as gowns, gloves, goggles, rubber-soled closed-toe footwear, etc. Indiana drivers license and proof of insurance. No experience required. REQNUMBER: 318483