Informa Content Marketing Manager in Carlsbad, California
Content Marketing Manager
Content Marketing Manager - EBD Group | Carlsbad, CA
The Content Marketing Manager is responsible for managing the company’s content strategy end-to-end. The Content Manager will work closely with the VP of Marketing to set strategy and goals/objectives, and then develop a project management and distribution plan across multiple channels including: online community, email, partnerships, advertising, and social media. This individual must be excellent at communications, project management, relationship management, and performance evaluation. The Content Marketing Manager must be able to see how our content initiatives meet new and current business objectives including audience expansion and revenue generation. In addition, the person is responsible for managing various partner relationships, negotiating and writing contracts, collaborating with cross-functional teams, managing budgets, and evaluation and interpretation of performance to make strategic recommendations for the future.
The Content Marketing Manager is measured on the by the ability to consistently develop and deploy content to customers that provide value and deliver business results including: increasing audience via search, engagement in our community, attracting new prospects via lead generation and partnerships, and ultimately creating revenue generation opportunities via the content we deliver.
STRATEGIC COLLABORATION: Work with VP, Marketing and Strategic Advisors to create an annual content and social media strategy that is tied to business goals and objectives. The Content Marketing Manager will ultimately be responsible then for creating projects plans and working with various teams to execute on these plans from initial concept through content creation, review, promotion, and analysis.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Develop and manage a content marketing calendar and create project plans and manage workflow/resources to execute on these including managing budgets and full tracking & reporting on performance.
EVALUATION: Monitor and analyze performance of content and engagement in the online community, social channels, landing pages, event websites, etc. and make recommendations based on analytics (page views, downloads, sharing, revenue attributions/conversions)
AUDIENCE SEGMENTATION: Understanding of customer personas and ability to deliver on value to these audiences via the content we create and the experience we provide in our online community
CONTENT BEST-PRACTICES: Understanding and implementation of best practices via channel distribution, and optimizing content via varying types of content sharing: i.e. webinars, white papers, reports, Ebooks, video, infographics, etc.
MANAGE PARTNERSHIPS: Ability to identify and leverage partners (writers, speakers, consultants, editors, creative team), and effectively manage partner relationships, deliver on pre-negotiated agreements, and put a “project management plan” in place to ensure proper execution of goals & timelines.
COLLABORATION: Collaborate with internal stakeholders: program team, venue team, public relations, customer service
Work closely with campaign marketing team to ensure seamless integration of content of social media marketing plans in overall marketing program
Collaborate with product team to understand how to leverage at-event content and influencers for digital audiences
Leverage external ambassadors: speakers, sponsors, key industry influencers, etc. to ensure topics are relevant, timeline, trending, etc.
Advise social marketers on best-practices, and ensure optimization and performance
STANDARDS & BEST PRACTICES: Develop standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, optimization (I.e. SEO), distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, etc.
BRAND CONSISTENCY: Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person.
What you'll need to succeed:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field.
• 5-7 years of experience in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, marcomm, etc.).
• Team management skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types, and delegate/manage content producers.
• Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content
• Project management skills to manage editorial schedules, create project plans and distribution schedules, and manage deadlines for ongoing campaigns.
• Negotiation skills: ability to balance benefits and value and create mutually beneficial agreements
• Incredible people skills.
• Experience utilizing technology for content creation/distribution (Microsoft Office Suite, Content Management Systems, Email & Marketing automation, Landing Pages, Canva, Adobe, etc)
• Strong understanding of web analytics tools (Google Analytics) and ability to identify KPI’s, analyze and interpret performance metrics.
• Understanding of the various marketing channels and tactics (i.e. SEO) used to deliver content including: email, advertising, search, and social media marketing applications
• Proven communication skills (written and verbal). Outstanding command of the English (or primary customer) language. *position will be required to “write” marketing copy and articles.
Who we are:
EBD Group - Life Sciences
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. We are produce seven global networking events annually, taking place in the US, Europe and China. We specialize in bringing people together, whether face-to-face at one of our partnering events (powered by our state-of-the art partnering software: partneringONE), or virtually through our online community of dealmakers and thought-leaders.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
Competitive Benefits with 401k match
Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
Work- Life Balance
Paid parental leave
Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
4 weeks parental leave