Orbis Education and Care Learning Support Assistant in Cardiff, United Kingdom
Learning Support Assistant Opportunities
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week, permanent contract
Salary: £14,785 - £15,362 per annum dependant on experience
Location: Ty Coryton - Whitchurch, Cardiff.
Closing Date: Friday 23rd July 2021
Are you looking to build a rewarding career where you can make a difference to children's lives? We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join the team.
What does the Learning Support Assistant role involve?
· To provide education and organisational support to teachers, guide students during structured and non structured sessions and assist each student to achieve their full potential.
· The Learning Support Assistant will work according to the values and beliefs of the school, including policies on equality of opportunity and the involvement of people who use services.
· To assist students upon arrival, during the morning routines, lunch/break times and upon departure.
· To help the teachers prepare the learning environment and maintain it to a good standard. This may include developing interactive displays that celebrate the students' achievements. And clearing up afterwards, particularly in practical subjects such as Home Management or Art
· To support and contribute to the school's total communication approach.
· To offer teaching opportunities, which give concrete learning experiences.
· To maintain effective partnerships with parent/carers to promote students' learning and to provide information to parents about targets, achievements and progress.
· To help produce quality displays around the school and ensure that they are updated regularly.
· To support students in activities based on and off the school site.
· To offer a high level of personal care to students, that respects their privacy and is appropriate to their culture, age and gender.
· To attend staff meetings as required and follow students personal plans to increase understanding and awareness of the student's individual needs.
· To help collate, evaluate and maintain students' progress records.
· Guiding students in carrying out the work set by the teacher (this may be as the person in charge of a small group with no lecturer present)
· Assisting with therapy programmes
· Support in the upkeep of TEACCH resources and ensure that the classroom environment is supportive of each learners needs.
Where is the role based?
You will be working 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday term time only at Ty Coryton - Whitchurch, Cardiff
What are your benefits?
Paid comprehensive induction programme
Free uniform & DBS
£300 refer-a-friend scheme
Up to 37.5 hrs additional annual leave paid for long service
Company pension scheme
Career progression opportunities
What do you need to be a Learning Support Assistant?
· Qualification in English & Maths
· Basic computing knowledge e.g. Microsoft Word
· Experience of working with young people with ASD and some knowledge of the difficulties that students with complex learning difficulties face.
· Able to relate well to students and build positive and respectful relationships that are on a professional level.
· Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
· Must be able to show initiative
· The ability to offer personal care in a respectful way.
· Must be sensible and have good common sense
If you want to make a difference to people's lives, then we would love to receive your application for the Learning Support Assistant role . Please click ‘Apply' and submit your CV today!
All applicants will be subject to a Safer Recruitment process and all appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure, satisfactory reference checks and any other suitability checks deemed essential for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.