Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Cape Canaveral, Florida
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Systems Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
• Executing systems engineering processes and practices for system integration, technical planning, problem investigation, and performance evaluation for the D5LE Missile System in support of the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Production and Deployed System Support (P&DSS) Program.
• Supporting production areas and root cause analysis and corrective action identification for missile hardware/operational issues discovered in designs, including with handling operations at the Strategic Weapons Facilities (SWFs).
• Supporting analysis and provide interpretation of missile and supporting equipment requirements to ensure safety, reliability, and readiness of the D5 Missile System is are maintained. Coordinate responses to technical systems engineering issues with stakeholder FBM organizations located across all program sites.
• Preparing and leading presentations and technical briefings in support of other FBM customers and contractor organizations.
• Maintaining a close relationship with US Navy customer to ensure customer needs are fulfilled.
This position will require some travel, which is anticipated to be 3 - 6 weeks per year on average.
Typically has 0 - 3 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Experience in systems engineering or electronics design and integration
- US Citizenship with ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret level security clearance
Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering background.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.