Lockheed Martin System Safety Engineer in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Description: As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
For over 60 years, the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) team has supported the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic defense. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure. The FBM Program is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers while maintaining the technical requirements of the strategic deterrence.
This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
Cape Canaveral, FL has a dynamic opportunity for an early-career level System Safety Engineer to help develop and define the safety analysis and strategies to support development and sustainment efforts on the Fleet Ballistic Missile program. In this key role, you will use your expertise to ensure that safety is crafted into hardware and software products and that controls are incorporated and remain effective while assuring compliance to safety requirements.
This opportunity will require you to review, track, and assess hardware and software changes for hazard impacts, and develop, maintain, and update safety hazard analyses. Your many responsibilities will include the following tasks:
- Develop and update hazard analysis products, including System Hazard Analyses and Safety Assessment Reports
- Prepare presentations and participate in Design Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings, and various working groups and safety review meetings
- Support the development and updating of System Safety documents to support Customer and Range Safety contractual requirements
- Collaborate with customer safety counterparts and support weapon systems working groups
Our ideal candidate is someone with experience in System Safety background and experience with weapons systems, U.S. Army or Navy customers, safety requirements, ordnance and software.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. https://www.lockheedmartinjobs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an engineering or related discipline. or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Master’s degree.
• Familiar with engineering processes related to safety, risk management in an operations/sustainment environment
• US Citizenship required to start with the ability to acquire a Secret security clearance.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in System Safety Engineering with strong technical skills in performing hazard analyses, identifying safety requirements, developing fault trees, and recommending risk mitigation.
• Experience with software development and software safety requirements on military programs.
• Prior experience working with U.S. Army or Navy customers.
• Familiarity or experience with missile systems, safety requirements, ordnance and software.
• Current Security Clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.