Serco Application Support Intern in California
Serco follows all CDC state and local COVID-19 recommendations. To accommodate, this internship will be 100% virtual and will not include any on-site visits to Serco locations.
Serco’s Training and Experience Program (STEP) is designed to provide undergraduate university and college students paid accredited internship opportunities to gain meaningful, hands-on work experience in a professional environment. STEP emphasizes developing the workforce of the future. Our goal is to help you build a career roadmap that provides you with challenging and rewarding learning experiences with Serco.
Serco offers internship opportunities across the following three career tracks: Business, Technical, and Engineering. Our 2021 internship opportunities are available throughout the U.S. and Canada and begin on May 25th and conclude on August 13th, with 1 week off July 5th – 9th. You will work with your manager to identify the best working schedule for you – working no more than an average of 36 hours a week with the added perk of half-days on Fridays.
In addition to gaining hands-on experience, you will attend training sessions taught by skilled leaders in our company which provides training to better prepare you for a full-time career. These training sessions range from finance, personality in the workplace, presentation skills, resume building, and more. In addition, we believe great ideas come from all levels of the company! Because of that, each year we challenge our interns to work in diverse teams to develop, propose and execute on a project that improves our ways of working. Throughout this project you will work with Senior Sponsors and meet with members of our Executive Team.
As the Application Support Intern, you will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving all application related problems while working jointly with COTS and hosting partners. You will also be responsible for the configuration, deployment, and overall Operations & Maintenance (O&M) of web-based 3rd party COTS and custom developed (Open Source) applications and the underlying Microsoft SQL database. The ideal candidates have strong ownership and sense of urgency supporting mission-critical business environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Troubleshoot application/database/system issues and provide a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) collaborating with partners and/or Open Source communities. Ensure issues/requests are resolved in a timely manner and in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Provide off-hour support to avoid any service impact to the customer.
• Test and deploy necessary fixes and application upgrades in collaboration with partners. Off-hour support will be required to avoid any service impact to the customer.
• Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
• Write manuals for users to describe functionality, installation, and standard operating procedures.
• Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Preferred fields of study: Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, or a related field of study.
• Ideal candidates are rising sophomores, juniors, seniors, or Spring 2021 graduates.
• Exceptional skills/talent troubleshooting complex web-based application/system issues.
• Solid understanding of highly available architecture and experience supporting mission-critical services.
• Hands-on technology experience in JBoss App Server, JBoss AMQ/BRMS, Angular JS, Java, Python, Hibernate, MySQL, Apache Tomcat, Qmatic, VMware, Microsoft Windows, and Redhat OS.
• Familiarity and experience supporting the Government of Ontario IT Standards (GO-ITS).
• Implementing and/or supporting large and complex web-based applications using Open Source, 3rd party COTS, and relational database (Oracle and/or MS SQL) is a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Self-motivated with a strong work initiative and attention to detail.
• Strong customer service, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated experience collaborating in a team environment.
• Passion for learning with a wide degree of creativity and curiosity.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Click here to apply now (https://careers-sercona.icims.com/jobs/38217/application-support-intern/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-1834477830)
Refer a friend for this job
New to Serco?
Connect with us! (https://careers-sercona.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in_iframe=1&hashed=-626008856)
Recruiting Location : Location CA-
Position Type Part-Time
Security Clearance None
Telework Yes - May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position