Continental Quality Engineer in Calamba, Philippines
1) Revenue: a) Assure best Quality of the manufactured products for satisfaction of Continental customers and support the achievement of the revenue target.
b) Guarantee quality projects on major KPI's.
2) Profit: a)Implement robust process controls to prevent defects, scrap, NCC to achieve the profit target.
b) Organize team that analyzes process control data and take appropriate actions for improvement.
c) Meet customer requirements on each project and assure high quality standard.
3) Strategy/Planning: a) Implement Quality strategy to achieve the targets aligned with Company goals and objectives b) Identify projects that will impact the achievement of KPI's. c) Planning and tracking of production quality goals and tasks. d) Facilitates agreement for the continuous improvement of the segment.
4) New Business/Product/Technology a) Ensure that the process and machine qualification systems is working and implemented. b) Ensure effective implementation of safe-launch activities. c) Make certain that flawless ramp down activities are executed for end of Life production. d) Assure business continuity thru robust Quality process applying New technology and techniques. e) Be abreast on New technologies related to Quality topics.
5) Quality/Productivity: a)Make use of Continental Quality System to assure all related processes meets the requirements of International Standards and Customer, and improving the system whenever necessary in a lean approach. b) Ensure that process and product audits are correctly executed and feedback to the system for continuous improvement. c) Ensure effective use of quality tools, processes and systems to support customer quality requirements. d) Proactive review of process control data to determine potential risks on the product. e) Protect the Customer by stopping deliveries of suspicious parts that could result to warranty claims and recalls which may endanger the Company image. f) Ensure implementation of change control management system to assess quality impact of any proposed change. g) Ensures that internal and external production quality requirements are adequately addressed in the project and plant organization
h) Validates and measure effectiveness of corrective actions through data analysis and reports to prevent defect recurrence. i) Facilitate annual product qualification to ensure the reliability and quality of the product.
6) External/Internal Relation: a) Maintain the business partnership with customers, suppliers and other interested parties. b) Understand customer requirements and deliver accordingly c) Gain customer's trust through on-time response and transparent communication d) Customer Focus Champion
7) Talent Development: a) Uphold the Skill Needs Assessment (SNA) to achieve the desired competency level b) Coach the launch team regarding all production quality issues and processes c) Identify Training & Certification requirements and provide opportunities for development.
8) Organization Building/Support: a) Communicate and escalate any product quality issues in production, organize lessons learned and promote quality mindset in the whole organization b) Maintain and implement effective quality solutions to meet customer expectation c) Actively participate on Quality programs like Quality Month, Quality Basic Training, Quality Awards d) Execute Process Audit (VDA 6.3, Product Audit, LPA/5K) to check compliance to customer and company requirements. e) Lead line preparation for incoming internal and external visits.
9) Environment/CSR: a)Promote Core Values and Malasakit culture through active involvement in Company activities b) Initiate Malasakit activities cz0 Participate in Human Relations in their CSR and GWP activities
10) Others: a) Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Supervisor
Communication and Presentation Skills
Can work under pressure
IATF 16949, ISO 9001
Control Plan, FMEA, Process Flow
8D, Fault Tree, Problem Solving
Handling of Non-conforming Product / MRB
7 QC Tools, SPC, MSA (GR&R, AR&R), Calibration
Change Management System / CCB, PCN/PTN
Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
IPC 610, 5K/LPA
Material Analysis and PV Test
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 233,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety business area develops, produces and integrates active and passive safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensors, electronic air suspension systems and cleaning systems for windscreens and headlights. Autonomous Mobility and Safety has a high level of systems expertise in the interconnectivity of individual components. As a result, products and system functions are created along the “SensePlanAct” chain of effects. These make driving safer and easier and pave the way for autonomous mobility.
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)