BestSelf Behavioral Health Registered Nurse in Buffalo, New York
Responsible for all professional nursing duties as required in the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC). Provides group and individual treatment. Provides health-monitoring services. Enforces policy regarding storage and inventory of sample medications, use of sharps containers, and medical waste management. Adheres to basic standards of nursing in conjunction with all NYS licensing standards.
• Administers and documents administration of medications in case record.
• Venipuncture for lab work as ordered by providers.
• Assures accuracy and completeness of all case notes.
• Conducts health monitoring quarterly for program recipients to include:
- Adult BMI screening
- Generic Health Monitoring (BP, P, R, Temp, etc)
-Tobacco use screening and smoking cessation counseling
- Assures communicable disease risk assessments is done on all admitted consumers
-Other assessments as assigned
• Assists and recommends medical follow-up for individuals who have not had a physical exam within one year, assessment for need of physical exam and assists with scheduling of physical exam by CCBHC medical provider.
• Provides age appropriate medical screening and preventive interventions to adults and older adults.
• Requests prior authorizations for medications.
• Provides health monitoring service groups for minimum of 30 - 60 minutes.
• Assists in linkage to PCP, Health Home, or other community resources.
• Through releases of information, communicates with community resources such as personal care physicians, insurance companies, and others involved in client care.
• Works closely with staff consulting psychiatrists or providers.
• May supervise student interns.
• Maintains inventory of on-site store medications in compliance with NYS OMH regulations.
• Properly disposes of medical waste in compliance with NYS OMH standards.
• Any duties or tasks assigned by Program Director or Director of Nursing
Please note, your schedule and assigned duties are subject to change based on the needs of the program and the clients we serve.
Associates degree from an accredited school for professional nursing and four (4) years of paid work experience as a professional nurse OR
Bachelor’s degree in professional nursing AND
Current NYS licensure as a Registered Nurse.
Experience in mental health or substance use disorder treatment setting preferred. Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing techniques preferred.
Possess a valid NYS drivers’ license and automobile in good working order. Must have Accredited NYS Defensive driving course; or obtain within 30 days of hire. Must maintain Active NYS Defensive Driving class every 3 years, upon expiration. If driving one’s own vehicle, must maintain valid inspection and automobile insurance. Must provide proof of insurance upon hire and when requested