HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Safety Attendant PRN in Brownsville TX, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aPatient Safety Attendantto join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
_Valley Regional Medical Center – Brownsville, TX_ * * _Patient Safety Attendant - Sitter_
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975,Valley Regional Medical Centerproudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Centeris a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services.
What you will do in this role:
• Communicates directly and effectively to unit staff in the event that a patient is at risk for a fall.
• Activates Code Star immediately in the event that a patient fall is imminent.
• Effectively escalates notification process to appropriate staff as necessary.
• Maintains accurate and up to date department logs/records.
• Telephone etiquette – communicates interdepartmental and clinical information in a clear and timely manner.
• Management, cleaning, inventory, and organization of departmental equipment and supplies.
• Effectively uses the computer system and programs in managing order entry and supplies.
• Effectively uses infection control precautions.
• Recognizes patient discomfort and responds/reports promptly to licensed nurse.
What qualification you will need: ** • Graduation from an approved Nursing Assistant/Medical Assistant program required. • American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support course (BLS or BCLS) and certification is required.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Safety Attendant PRN
Location: Texas-Brownsville TX-Valley Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00187-6994