Honeywell Senior Hardware Technician in Broomfield, Colorado
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
At Honeywell, our outstanding team of scientists, engineers, and professionals develop ground breaking technology by applying their expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, atomic physics, ultra-high vacuum environments, cyber security and others. When you join our team, you will be working to design and build systems with world leading performance, such as best-in-class environmental controls including, state-of-the-art low and ultra-low temperature cryogenics, electromagnetic environments, mechanical stability and analytics, as integrated systems with complex industrial controls.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell is seeking a highly qualified Sr. Hardware Technician in our Broomfield, CO location to apply their knowledge of condensed matter physics for unique industrial applications.
· Setup, test, and trouble-shooting of digital, analog, and mixed signal electronics to create new test methods, techniques, and processes
· Execute testing and data collection
· Assist in the build of custom components and cryostats
· Assist in maintenance and troubleshooting of cryogenic and vacuum systems
· Moderate lifting up to 40 lbs with or without accommodations, working with hand tools, on ladders, or using heavy lift equipment as required
YOU MUST HAVE:
· High School Diploma/GED minimum
· Minimum 5+ years industry/military experience
· U.S. citizenship required to obtain and maintain government security clearance
· Advanced Degree in Electronics Technology/Vacuum Engineering Technology or a Technical Certification in a related field
· Demonstrated experience building/maintaining either electronic systems or vacuum/cryogenic systems
· Test instrumentation, data acquisition and programming with LabVIEW or MATLAB
· Experience with wiring assembly
· Critical thinking acumen in planning and executing experiments
· Ability to create written test procedures and test reports
· Experience working from assembly drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, engineering, interface drawings, sketches and other written, visual and oral instructions
· Demonstrated experience in the construction, and/or operation of electromagnetic electronics, equipment, and apparatus
· Experience with making rapid prototypes of test fixtures and tooling
· Experience with wet or dry cryogenic systems, ultra-high vacuum environments, or superconducting magnets
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done; do things before being asked by others
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.