AHRC Nassau Community Habilitation Professional Various P/T shifts including weekends in the East Meadow, Long Island area in Brookville, New York
Brookville, NY, USA
Various P/T shifts including weekends in the East Meadow, Long Island area.
Community Habilitation is a service provided to a person with a developmental disability in their own home or community setting. The person, working together with their family and Care Manager, will create a support plan that best meets the needs of the person and family.
- High School diploma or Equivalent required.
- Prior experience supporting people with the developmental disabilities preferred.
- Qualified NYS drivers’ license.
- Ability to communicate and understand written, oral and email directives/information.
- Access to Internet Explorer to complete required service documentation.
Primary duties and responsibilites include but not limited to:
- Ensures all activities of daily living are supported and performed. This includes, but is not limited to personal hygiene tasks such as bathing/showering, tooth brushing, assistance in the bathroom/adult diaper care/menses care (if applicable). This also includes responsibilities such as dressing, meals (feeding), shopping, housekeeping, and laundry skills
- Provides companionship, supervision, role modeling and instruction while ensuring freedom from any hazards in both the home and community settings
- Documents implementation of services and progress (or lack of progress) by the individual in the Medisked system within 24 hours of service provision
- Support the individual in becoming as independent as possible in both their homes and in their immediate community
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
High School or better