VCA Associate DVM in Brooklyn, New York
Company Info: VCA Animal Hospitals operates more than 1,000 small animal veterinary hospitals in the U.S., Canada and Japan. The hospitals are staffed by more than 4,500 fully qualified, dedicated and compassionate veterinarians to give pets the very best in medical care, of which over 600 are board certified specialists who are experts in areas such as oncology, cardiology, emergency and critical care, and surgery for animals. VCA Animal Hospitals provides a full range of general practice services to keep pets well and specialized treatments when pets are ill. As part of the Mars Veterinary Health family of brands, VCA is committed to its purpose—A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS®.
If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
Bay Ridge Animal Hospital is a well-established, AAHA-accredited small animal practice in Brooklyn, New York.
Calling all Veterinarians! We’re HIRING at VCA Bay Ridge Animal Hospital!!
Located in Brooklyn, NY, we’re looking for an Associate Veterinarian who enjoys surgery and internal medicine, and loves what they do!
What makes our hospital unique?
• We are a 3 floor practice with two treatment areas and an elevator. We are exclusively a small animal practice, who sees the occasional exotic pet.
• We have a dental suite outfitted with two tables, dental radiography, and full anesthesia monitoring systems.
• A sizable surgery suite with a large window allowing for a lot of natural light.
• Small team of 10 dedicated employees passionate about patient care.
• Supportive, collaborative team environment
Who we’re looking for:
• Experienced veterinarian who is licensed or able to obtain a license to practice in New York.
• Excellent communication with staff and clients, with the ability to discuss various treatment options
• Energetic, team-oriented attitude, with interest in collaborating with colleagues
• Interest in surgery, dentistry a plus!
• We’re open 6 days/week, no on-call hours
• We are open Monday-Saturday, we are closed on Sunday.
• Flexible Scheduling for work life balance
We invest in you!
• Collaborative and supportive environment with mentorship available to allow you to advance in the special interests that you desire
• Competitive Compensation Package
• Continuing Education Allowance and Continuing Education Days
• Regional Continuing Education
• Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Vacation/ Sick time and Paid Holidays
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Woof University – Online Training
• VIP Perks
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We’re always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!